“6 hour flight and no food service except to buy”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We were going to Kauai, Hawaii and left Phoenix,Arizona. We had found out that there was not going to be any meals served on this 6 hour flight unless you wanted to buy their food. I am sorry a 6 hour flight without a regular meal! I know they want to make money but this is getting really cheap. Also this flight had no USB outlets on the plane so that you could keep your iPad or computer charged. Again a 6 hour flight without power sources. Maybe I am being picky, but I think doesn't really speak highly of American Airline in view!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
1  Thank David R
Write a ReviewReviews (44,902)

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Flight was delayed because of air conditioning problem. Wish there was more legroom in the economy section.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

American Airlines USED to be a good dependable carrier, however that seems to have changed and they have come down to near the lowly levels of United.

This is the second time in the past two years that I have flown into Roswell with them (the only game in town). Last year they lost my luggage for five days, and were supposed to redirect it to Albuquerque when it arrived. Instead, it made 5 round trips between DFW and Roswell, being pried open each time by BOS security, even though the combination was painted on the suitcase.

This year, I managed to get everything into a carry-on, and though it had to be valet checked at each stop, it made it. Things went down hill on the return. I was scheduled to catch a 10:05 am flight to DFW, connecting with a 2:30 pm to Knoxville. Arriving early at the airport (8:30am)to check in my rental car, it was not long before it was announced that the flight would be delayed. After an hour or so, it was announced that the flight would not arrive until 12:20 pm, which it did. However, it had to set on the taxiway for half an hour or more as the LATE Phoenix flight was in front of the terminal, and they have no way, personnel, or equipment to handle more than one aircraft at a time.

When finally arriving in Dallas, I entered the American club room to get my ticket updated with the next flight to Knoxville (6+hours away). I was told unless I was a paid member, they would do nothing for me, even if I was flying first class, a platinum member, and facing a 6 hour wait. They offered to sell me a membership. I left and finally found an agent to take care of my ticket. When she heard my story, she called a supervisor, who arrived and said sorry, but did give me a 12 dollar voucher for food. That would have taken care of McDonalds, but probably no other eatery. The Mexican restaurant I ate in lowest price meal was $12.99.

So all in all, American has taken the path of most other airlines...little or no custumer service.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
1  Thank Kenaijohn
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Had a problem during the hurricanes in September about changing my flight. Sent in a note about a change that I needed to do and both the C/S representative(wish I still had her name)that I spoke to and Ms. Mia Templeton for the main office will always rate 10+ stars with me for the most excellent service that I have had with an airlines. Not only was my flights adjusted to try to get me to my destination but they had been willing to cancel my ticket and refund me with no additional penalties or charges which I had never heard of before. I was so grateful for this additional option that was offered to me.All I can say is the Ms. Templeton is what customer service is all about and American Airlines is very lucky to have someone with her caring and knowledge in her position. Also the other representative that assisted me in the beginning was another that took the time to listen to what was going on, offer her assistance and direction and make a "could have been really expensive" problem become a ok, let see what we can do to make this right response.

Again thanks to both of these wonderful ladies for a job well done

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The baggage fees are ridiculous, upon booking a flight you would think that you're getting a deal, but in reality the first bag you want to check will cost you $25, the 2nd $35.

I also find it incredibly annoying how I wanted to change my flight the same day to an earlier flight, to one that had nearly 40 open seats on it, and they charged me $75 to do so. How ridiculous is that?

1  Thank Jeremy J