“Group Travel Together Club- Handicap Access”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 17 November 2017

For anyone booking Group Travel American is the way to go. Several members of my Group needed wheelchair assistance and they were on top of everything! Both airports arrival & Departure. With American you are traveling the Friendly Skies!

Write a ReviewReviews (45,091)

Never fly American Airlines again
November 9 2017..Flight 5297 delayed out of AVP was scheduled to leave at 6AM..we got there 4:30 AM...American Airlines decided to cancel flight about 1030am., because they did not have a mechanic available, or on site at the airport… as per American Airlines employee. American Airlines Assured all of us that we would be leaving soon and no reason to change flights…at 10 am they decided that all of us needed to change flights, but all flights were filled…. missed all connecting flights. Bused down to Philadelphia at 11 am….. American Airlines then offered us Philadelphia to Columbus Ohio and then LAX….but missed that flight also because they waited too long to bus us from Wilkes Barre Scranton…. so we missed second set of flights...then we were booked on a flight to Raleigh then to LAX. Also, would not let us book our seats on Raleigh to LAX until we showed up in Raleigh that night, because of that all seats were taken.... Paid for upgraded aisle seats, on first set of flights … never reimbursed. Only seats available were in the back of the plane. Lost my car rental reservation, had to paid $150 more, because we were 12 hours late due to the delayed flight…... Lost one whole day on vacation.... . On return flight from LAX to PHL, we were notified there was no food for lunch due to problems with caterer, so we all were offered peanuts. Five hour flight no food…great job American Airlines..
I called customer service, they offered be a $100 voucher for my troubles. It’s not their policy or their problem ..NEVER FLY AMERICAN AGAIN
Ed Perry

COMFORT
Narrow seats that can kill you - especially if you have chronic backache or other physical conditions. I am and Asian, 170cm, 70kg, and I am wondering how the Americans who are all larger than me survive on this.

CREW
Cabin staffs have completely lost the concept of hospitality. The all seem angry and hating their job. Passengers are a nuisance to their eyes. Thought being an Asian I was treated that way but it was the same the white Americans. By the way, I am a communication psychology scholar so I know what I am talking about.

The captain hardly spoke over the PA although for hours after we left Hong Kong there were scary turbulences one that even threw our drinks away.

It seems everyone in American Airlines hate their job.

The only this that was OK with this airline was food.

STAY AWAY if you can.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Flight attendants are looking at their phones and not doing their jobs as usual. They are getting lazier and sloppy! Perhaps the supervisor needs to do their job and hire competent people

Reviewed 16 November 2017

My favorite airline on the transatlantic route. Their business class seats in 1-2-1 configuration are excellent and offer perfect privacy especially on night flights. Airline food is typically nothing to write home about, but AA has made significant progress here. Dining is actually pretty good. I like the option to select my menu already a couple of days ahead of my flight. If nothing would appeal to me, I could dine on the ground in the lounge and skip the inflight meal. However, that never happened to me with AA in the past two to three years.
The planes are always clean and in excellent shape; obviously an advantage of a pretty new fleet, but even the older planes are kept in good condition. The flight attendants are in most cases very good. They are friendly and find the right mix between leaving you on your own and being always present when you need something.
Currently the best way to travel between the US and Europe