“Needs Improvement!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I'm Executive Platinum with AA and fly 150,000 + miles a year with multiple airlines. The overall product is good. The seats are comfortable and the there is ample storage space for all of your accessories.

The boarding process however is very inconsistent. The new group number system is a better way for people to board. Sometimes one number at a time is called and other times multiple group numbers are called simultaneously. I don't understand why this is..

There is a serious lack of training with this airline with the flight attendants. The Asian,European and Middle Eastern airlines are light years ahead of AA in terms of training flight attendants and service. My bread is warm 1/10 times. The food is good 5/10 flights. By good I mean edible. Note to flight attendants! When you pour drinks or wine, never hold the glass by the RIM!! I would say 90% of the AA flight attendants do this. It's very unsanitary. We don't know where your hands have been. I have never seen this happen with other carriers. Deserts and second meals are stored on carts and rolled down the aisle. The food that is stored at the bottom of the cart is inches from the floor and centimeters from the foot break. This is highly unsanitary as well in my opinion.

What I do like is the fact that they use Bose headsets for the inflight entertainment system. The movie choice is fairly good. The amenity kits used to be nice. The newest Cole Haan cases are terrible and cheap looking.

All in all, I like the comfort and layout of the business class section. When I fly business I want to feel appreciated. I don't get that feeling with AA. The flight attendants need better training in service overall. Some are very good but the majority are not. I've been extremely loyal to this company for many years but their new frequent flier program is so bad that I am now starting to look for other carriers.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank JetSetterBrian
Write a ReviewReviews (45,153)

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I have been flying for over 38 years with this carrier and most recently spent a fortune flying first class and then business class. There is not much difference frankly. The flight attendants wanted to be somewhere else. They just gathered in the galley where there was not really any edible food to eat. The service was slow and there was no food. This was an early morning flight from London to Dallas and they served gross dinner option(s) then the tea sandwiches or whatever they were were just awful. There was one nice flight attendant but the rest just looked down as they passed you by in the aisle. I do love the new uniforms and the stylish hat boxes but the rest has gone way down hill with an attitude. Get professional or get out of the business there are other carriers who provide better service.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Booked Basic Economy through Kayak for only $44 one way. Had a flexible schedule and started looking ten days out, booked six days out. Restrictions are no access to over head bins, only underneath the seat at the purchase price. Good for a short trip if you can pack light. See AA website for full details. Seat assignment at check-in, got a middle seat about 2/3 of the way back. Aircraft on this trip had back of the seat entertainment. Nothing special about snacks. Last boarding group.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I was NOT recognized as an EP by my flight attendant.... the first time in 3 coach flights this business trip... however, I took the initiative and let him know... so he did bring me wines and food!!!!!! HOWEVER, most of this write up will be about First Class (I was at the front of the plane in the bulkhead and could see and hear the treatment the First Class people were getting....OMG!!!! This flight attendant (a guy) was the BEST!!!!! I had never seen this before but he addressed the 8 First Class flyers all at one time, introducing himself at the beginning and then addressing them at the very end of the flight all together... I have never seen this type of respect and protocol before but I was very impressed with this perhaps new standard!!!! This FA makes me want to fly American every single time..... great job, even though you were not my FA!!!!!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Great flight, warmer wine!!!!! Great flight attendants!!!!!!! I love American people and the way I'm treated and the service they give!!!! I am going to have American tattooed on my right scapula!!!!! American is the best!!!!!