“What a major help”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Unfortunately, by getting all wrapped up in all of New York's fun and excitement, I missed my flight back from to Miami. Luckily AA was able to get me home on the next flight out a couple of hours after without question!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,064)

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I planned to study abroad in Ireland this summer, and I was going to leave Kentucky Tuesday evening to connect in Chicago then London to arrive in Dublin Wednesday morning. Less than two hours before my flight, it was canceled. The AA desk told me the next available flight wouldn't be til the next day, throwing off the rest of my plans to get there on time. So I go home and Wednesday evening I go back to the airport. This time my plan is to fly from Lexington to Philadelphia then connect to Dublin. My flight from Lexington was delayed, and I made it to Philadelphia minutes before my flight to Dublin. I did not have enough time to get across the massive airport before my plane left the gate. Now, as I write this, I'm in a hotel waiting for a Thursday evening flight to arrive in Dublin Friday morning making me two days late. The customer service for AA has been terrible, and I essentially had to beg for any compensation for their inconvenience which only got me a hotel for the night and two meals. The AA desk people I dealt with in Philadelphia were openly rolling their eyes at and mocking frustrated customers and were completely rude and unhelpful. AA employees do not seem to care about passengers in the slightest bit. I will never be using American Airlines ever again.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

This was the worst flight experience I have ever had. I was flying out at from 8am Miami to Dallas, with a 2 hour layover then flying to Louisville, arriving around 3:30. The day before my flight, AA cancelled all my flights and rescheduled them. My new flight was supposed to leave Miami at 3pm but was delayed almost an hour. The layover the had before my flight from Dallas to Louisville was so short that the delay made me miss my second flight. There were so many issues like this that the next flight (leaving Dallas at 8:30pm) was completely full and I was issued a standby ticket. They told me I was third in "priority" to receive a ticket, but they hoped other people flying on the 8:30 plane would be delayed, which would free up more seats. At this point I was so exhausted that I offered to just take a hotel voucher and take an 8am flight the next day, which would also free up a seat for another passenger. They said that until the evening plane actually leaves the airport, they would not issue any vouchers. At about 8pm there were enough passengers delayed into Dallas that there were enough free seats on my flight for all standby passengers to get on. Remember the flight is supposed to leave at 8:30pm. At about 8:50 we were boarded. Once we were all crammed on the tiny plane, they told us their pilot was still in the air on his previous flight and we had to wait for him. We did not depart Dallas until close to 10pm but don't worry, they gave us free water while we waited. I was originally supposed to get home at 3:30 in the afternoon. Instead I arrived at 2am in the morning and I had to take the next day off of work. The complimentary water totally makes up for using an extra vacation day though. P.S. I paid for a larger seat on my longer flights but since those flights were cancelled, I didn't get this service and I didn't get a refund.

1  Thank amrussell1210
Reviewed 21 June 2018

From the individual screens to marginal increase in leg room, the new aircrafts are a traveller's delight! You can expect your regular cordial service from the flight staff in a less cramped environment. Be mindful that these are not available for all flights thus far and you can consider yourself lucky if you happen to catch one on your travels.

Thank terrinskii .
Reviewed 21 June 2018

By far the worst experience ever! We were departing May 18th and to be home at 11:55 p.m. on the 18th. As we got on the bart we were informed our flight was delayed. I started out as 1 hour than 2, etc. Well by then we were not going to get our connecting flight so they tried for 3:30 then that got delayed. Well a long story being short we did not arrive until 4:00 p.m. the 19th, We did not receive any compensation for parking or eating! The excuse they used was weather, but all other flights were going and coming in! I travel at least 3 times a year and problems have occurred, but always received vouchers for food or a hotel room. My advice would 100% never use American if a connecting flight is involved, plan on needing an extra day or 2 for travel!!! And just google weather for May 18th 2018 around noon to 3 p.m. and you will see they were just covering for computer or staffing issue!

1  Thank bobstoehr15