“Scarier than a zombie attack”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Landing at O'Hare at 8:00 PM, the American Eagle connecting flight to Madison, WI was cancelled. I had to stand in the customer service line for 3 hours, just to ask if I could get a hotel voucher. No, I was told since it was due to bad weather. 2 agents were assisting 50+ customers waiting in line, later 2 more came but it was not enough to support all of the people that missed their flights for whatever reason. Why there was no way to accomplish this by email/chat/text/digital/cloud is beyond me in this day and age. There should have been someone announcing that if you need a hotel voucher, none would be given out. We ended up staying at O'Hare in a cot overnight - in a noisy environment and awakened at 4:00 am to be kicked out and ended up waiting another 3 hours for our flight. When we boarded the flight finally, the plane had a high pitched sound the whole time, giving me a horrific headache! Completely unacceptable, thank goodness I wasn't traveling with a young child. I will never fly American, and will discourage anyone from flying this airline! Please note, the majority of this is not for the actual flight, but for the "customer service" we dealt with in O'Hare.

1  Thank Ellen P
Write a ReviewReviews (40,085)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

our flight was on time and upon the on board wait staff finding out that we were headed to GA to see our son graduate from Army boot camp, they kindly bought us a round of drinks. when we landed we discovered that one of our check bags had accidentally been put on the wrong flight and had ended up in Charlotte SC. The airline made all the arrangements to have it brought to us at our destination hotel with no fuss-no muss and we had the bag back in our possession early the next morning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent flight. On time. Flight attendants were very charming. We went Business Class and got individual pods which makes flying long distances very comfortable. My wife slept most of the way. I saw 3 movies which consumed the entire flight. Food was acceptable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Customer service was excellent. I was flying with my mother who needed assistance to get from arrival gate to the gate for our connecting flight to Myrtle Beach, SC. We were met at the arrival gate with a wheelchair and taken directly to our gate for the connecting flight. We would not have made the connecting flight without the kind assistance we received.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I flew from Kennedy Airport New York to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport on June 2nd and return two weeks later from the time I arrived and interacted with the customer service and checked in I receive great service they are so helpful they were so friendly and accommodating they're happy people and on my return flight I was shown the same positive customer service