“Not On Their Game”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

American Airlines wasn't on their game for this trip, especially on the return. Service seemed to be off. They lost my power chair for a couple hours at MCO and we landed at midnight. I got my chair, headrest bent, power wouldn't work, wires unplugged, missing parts at 3 AM
Not good! They sent an airport maintenance man to help.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (40,056)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We left Madrid on Sunday June 10th on American Airlines to DFW. We arrived 2 hours before departure. American’s ticket counter was crowded and a glitch caused us to check in for boarding passes at the ticket counter the entire trip. A gate agent rounded up DFW passengers and processed us quickly. We only thought we were home free. As beautiful as the Madrid airport is, it is also massive. On top of that, international departures descend 3 or 4 floors to an enclosed holding area and a very long wait for customs. Boarding is now underway although departure is still about 50 minutes. Tic Toc. We finally make it through customs. 30 minutes to departure. Signs say “7 minutes to gates” from that point. Back up escalators for 3 or 4 floors. We leave out of Gate 4, which is at the end of the concourse; a very long — pretty — but long concourse that first routes you through an also long — and winding — duty free store! Made it, but for an international flight we cut it much closer than one should. Sort of which we had been specifically warned about all this, but must admit we did not do our normal pretrip research on that airport.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I flew AA 4 years ago and my luggage was “misplaced” at the airport. Thankfully they found it the same day after multiple calls and customer service rudeness.

Fast forward 4 years later I managed to stay CLEAR of American Airlines and I’m an advent traveler. Unfortunately due to lack of flights back home from my last vacation I HAD to fly AA.
Guess what 4 years later they lose my luggage again!! This time for FOUR days!! I called emailed called and emailed everyday. Everyone (except one Rep) had the exact same attitude and lack of care. They acted as if I lost my luggage and I was asking for their help. Or they advised I’m not the only one and I just had to wait. Hmmm so you just have 100s of passengers looking for lost luggage??????? Interesting way to run a million dollar business.
Atleast train the staff to ACT like they care and respond to emails.
Oh FYI my luggage was “found” (filthy) on the 4th day (one day before I could put in a claim) and I received a follow up call on the 7th day re: my emails.

No more AA next time I’ll take 6 connecting flights to get home before I’d book with them again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Can't believe that on a long haul flight like this there is very basic entertainment and no ability to watch movies on demand. Air Hostesses not very friendly and hid at the back of the plane most of the time

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife is afraid of flying specially when is bumpy, the captain of the flight maintain the passengers informed of the conditions of the area something that is missed by me because I remember when we clap when we landed , today is very indifferent
in another words a great flight and on time.