“Average flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 October 2018

It was everything you expected. Everything was on time. There were snacks and beverages offered. Wish there was a direct flight but, oh well. Actually, the price felt like a steal. ~$360 round trip. I didn't take any checked bags and flew basic.

Thank Jonathan Michae... W
Write a ReviewReviews (52,287)

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Overall a good experience. Friendly staff, seats were comfortable, the flight was on time/early. If you fly out of Miami be sure to leave yourself ample time due to large groups of travelers, cruise ship passengers, etc... It's quicker to check yourself in.
LUGGAGE - if your luggage bag is a pound or more over the 50 LB limit they will charge you $100. My own fault for not reading the fine print so be sure to weigh your bag.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

My biggest complaint has to do with the current boarding and de-boarding process at DCA. Their regional American airlines flights are being done out of one poorly ventilated terminal (not sure if this is due to construction). You "board" by checking in and then boarding an un-air conditioned bus that sits there with the doors open on the tarmac until every single passenger is there. Luckily I watched the flight in front of us "board" and knowing that with my handicap, I would not handle the bus situation very well, I found myself a seat on the bus immediately. I was glad I did because we sat/stood there for more than 30 minutes before the bus drove us to our small regional plane. The flight itself went fine, it was a small plane and a bit turbulent but nothing I hadn't experienced before. I would HIGHLY recommend not flying any regional American flights out of DCA.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Great flight!!! I was second on the upgrade list to first class and got it!!!! It's just that I had been in transit for about 29 hours from BKK to Hong Kong to DFW and I just went to sleep after some nice red wine and nuts!!! Nice attendant but I did not interact with him the way I usually do with the attendants.... nice flight!!

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Great flight.... really bumpy at times but I don't think that was the pilot's fault. We got into Dallas about 45 minutes early and the attendants were pretty good. That's a long flight for everyone (13 hours) but overall it was great!!! I had a seat with no one in front of me so I could really stretch out (exit seat). Plenty of food and drinks and everything went great!!!!