“Pilots Flight Good / Airline Attendants 😝 very unfriendly”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 9 December 2018

The flight to HI was pleasing by American Airlines. However, the trip flying home was quite the opposite! The attendants seemed irritated to be on the trip with us. You usually think of flight attendants to be pleasing and helpful not so much on this flight home.‍♀️ I am thankful for the professional job of the ‍✈️‍✈️.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (51,122)

Reviewed 9 December 2018

My husband and I had a horrific experience with AA flying from out from Dallas. We had purchased basic economy tickets, which we assumed was their standard “no frills” service. These tickets were not cheap! Little did we know that not only would we not have the option of sitting together (“next time buy better tickets” was the advice we got from an incredibly rude employee), but that we would have to check in our carry on because apparently there was apparently no overhead space for an entire boarding group. The aforementioned AA employee forcibly grabbed my carry-on from my hands when I insisted that it needed to stay with me. It was an awful overall experience and I am disgusted by American Airlines for treating customers who pay standard fare like dirt. Every flyer should be a priority for them.

1  Thank Julianna R
Reviewed 9 December 2018

The flight was Friday, November 23, 2018. flight #2823. We flew first class. You expect certain things when paying that much money/using your hard earned points. There were no snacks given out and the female flight attendant said there were none to give. In first class? Really? Yes we got breakfast, but for a 4 1/2 hour flight there should be snacks. Also, we have flown in 1st class before but this time it seemed like the flight attendant couldn't wait to get our food served and our drink to us so that she could go sit down and ignore us the rest of the flight. When I asked for another cup of coffee, she actually seemed perturbed. Maybe she had stayed out late the night before, who knows. But she needs to learn better customer service if she is going to work in a customer service field.
Also there was a lot of static on the tv/radio audio connection. The flight attendant said it was not the ear buds and nothing could be done.
They need to at least get snacks in the entire plane if flying non-stop across country.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank pspoker
Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

Flew from Key West Airport to Barbados via Miami Airport.
Arrived at 5.00am at Key West & all the staff were very helpful & friendly, so impressed that the gift shop in departure lounge was already open then the cafe opend at 6.00am so we were over the moon to get breakfast as we had been up since 3.30am & had a long day in front of us.

Impressed with American Airways, the staff was very happy & pleasant when booking us in & to our relief our luggage was booked in direct to Barbados so we didn’t have to collect it at Miami but was upset that we had our hand luggage taken off us at the gate as they said there was no more room left in the overhead lockers, to find out after boarding that there was still room left

To add insult to injury, my husband realised that they had not given him his boarding pass back from it being checked at the gate in the terminal, that included all our luggage receipts so asked one of the two unfriendliest ever air Hostess if she could ask them to bring it onto the plane before everyone had finished boarding with a rude reply “NO go to the desk in the next airport & ask for another one to be printed”!!

Luckily a lady from Key West ground crew boarded the plane to check everything, we explained to her the problem & could she kindly raidio down to ask them at the desk to bring it on board for us, which she did with no effort at all -Phew we were so greatful.

Was impressed with American Airways, built into the seat in front of you was a holder for your I Phone & a socket to charge your phone
Great smooth flights At least the Air Hostesses were more pleasent than on the first leg.

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

Well, American Airlines is officially the worst airline I’ve been on!!!! Last Saturday, I got up at 5 am to go to the airport to fly to Anaheim for the ASHP meeting. I was two minutes late to check my bag (I have a 6 month old), so they told me I could not get on the plane. The only solution they could offer was a flight that would get me there at 9 pm that would cost me $1300. After hearing this, I was pretty upset because I was to give a speech that evening for an award our pharmacy residency program won. Again, after explaining this and begging to be allowed to get on the plane despite being two minutes past the deadline they told me they could not do it. Come to find out, that flight was delayed on the runway by 30 min. So, I sat in the airport on my phone trying to book another flight with a different airline to get me there to make my speech. I finally found a one way ticket for $330, so I booked it. I barely made it to Anaheim in time. I did make it after all though with 30 min to get me to the award ceremony. I thought all was well, then as I was getting ready to fly back to Memphis, I noted that my flight said canceled when I checked in. So, I immediately called American Airlines in the uber on the way to the airport. They proceeded to tell me that they canceled my flight because I didn’t get on the first leg of the flight and this changed me from a round trip ticket to a one way ticket for which I would have to pay $600. I was beyond angry since no one told me I needed to call and speak to reservations after I missed the first flight. Second, i couldn’t believe they were asking me for more money when I had already paid for the first flight. All I wanted to do was get back home to my baby and this price gouging was happening!! This is the first time this has happened to me, and I completely understand that I was late. I take responsibility for that, but the fact that American Airlines was less than helpful and tried to get more money from me after the incident in a time of need, let’s me know that there are some real terrible companies out there. And, American Airlines is one!! Hopefully, this doesn’t happen to anyone else. But, I wanted to share how awful my experience with American Airlines was @AmericanAirlines

1  Thank jennifertwilla