“Affordable, on time and clean”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was on time or even arrived a few minutes early. The only downside was on some connections the screens where you can watch movies/play games didn't work correctly. Other than that the staff was friendly and the flight was clean with room for our carry on luggage.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,353)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First flight from USA to Italy. We flew business class, getting an upgrade from economy the night before. The flight was very comfortable, the Attendants very nice and professional. I use a prosthesis and can't imagine being able to relax or sleep in economy for 8 hours. The food was very good and staff very attentive.
I recommend this to anyone flying for this long and with the time changes.

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I landed in Phoenix from Sacramento, I was advised to rebook my travels to Des Moines as a snow storm was going through. I asked if they were still going, yes, well take me home. Our pilot had great humor, gave us encouragement and it was a little tough going in but he hopped out of the cockpit and greeted everyone going off the plane! I like confidence and courage!! AA keeps me safe! See you again in another week!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

American Airlines is the airline that I most use because of the hub in Miami, but a recente incident put a sour taste in my mouth.

We were flying home from our vacation, out of LAX, 5 First Class tickets.

We needed to take an extra piece of luggage so I checked their website and it had a price listed with no restrictions.

So we get to the airport at 5 am, party of 5 (2 senior citizens, 1 child, 2 adults), with a total of 11 suit cases.

The lady at the counter tells us that we can’t take the extra luggage because of an embargo that was in place, which was ending the next day.

We explained that we checked their website and there was no mention of such an embargo but they didn’t budge.

So we had to try to spread the contents of 1 suit case in the other 10. All of our luggages were at limit capacity so it was very challenging, and pretty embarrassing also.

Then we had to leave an empty suitcase at the airport, which AA didn’t pay for.

A ridiculous situation, total incompetence.

We should be able to trust the information on a companies website, sometimes it’s the only information a traveller has access to. The company should be held responsable.

In this case, they simply didn’t care.

Then we start boarding our connection in Miami and the pilot walks out telling everybody to “deplane” because he just found out the “plane was broken”. Really, is that something you tell the passengers! We had a delay and had to switch places.

We finally made it home, but it was stressfull.

2  Thank FTichy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Worst customer service ever, non-existent first class and a propensity to change flight times after booking. I booked a ticket for my son-in-law to go to spring training and AA changed the departure time after booking and paying from 11:30am to 5:45 am and won’t refund to my credit card...I write this review sitting at Logan in Bos because they changed my take off time from 10:00am to 12:40 without any notification email. I’m stuck on this flight but will find another way home. The in house customer service rep here said she could not do anything about either. Save yourself from this terrible travel experience!!!

1  Thank lastmango9