“The 1st leg was fine, but minor bad weather at O'Hare caused chaos with the 2nd flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight 3899 was on time and went well. Sadly, what looked like minor bad weather resulted in delays and gate changes on my next flight 3581. I got the changes by text. After about a 5hrs of delays, I got a text that my flight to Grand Rapids MI was cancelled and I was booked on a flight the next morning. Oddly, I had noticed that flights to a nearby destination, Lansing MI, had been moving smoothly all night. I called an American agent from a kiosk, who, after some confusion, was able to put me on the next Lansing flight. I told several other travelers who did the same. Two women told me that they'd sleep at the airport and take the flight to GRR because their car was there and American would not pay for the hotel, only a discount. I must note that American put out sandwiches, snacks, and soft drinks during the long delay. The flight attendant, Felicia, on my flight to Lansing really saved my day! She understood that it had been a long day for me, and treated me like a human being and a valued customer. She deserves recognition and a raise for her positive attitude and just being nice.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,257)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After many years upgrading to either business class or selecting premium economy seats because of my elite status, I was dreading my first flight where I did not use my elite status to book a flight and select a seat. I have traveled this route before many times, and since I knwothe flight would be packed due to the Christmas season crowds, I expected I expected 2 and half hours of tight, cramped seating, overworked and probably nasty flight attendants, having a tough time finding space in the overhead bin,etc.
Boy was I wrong. I didn't have a chance to check, but it believe I was flying one of the new 737's in American's fleet. The plane super clean, the crew friendly (the again, they always are when boarding), plenty of space in the overhead bins (first time in years when I do not see a member of the crew telling a passenger their carry-on has to be checked in because there is no space in the overhead bins). Never during the flight did I feel crowded, cramped; on the contrary, it almost felt like business class (no, I had not upgraded to premium economy either).
The flight crew was super friendly, and the lady who seems to have been the chief steward was amusing when doing the mandatory take off and landing speeches.
I have traveled other routes with American and other airlines, but seldom have i felt this way outside business class. in my opinion, at least on this particular flight, this was a very welcome surprise!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flight Vancouver to Olando with America, We arrived in Dallas on time, our suitcases made the connection to Orlando, but we didn’t. Your ground crew misled us, instead of notifying the gate and assisting us make the connection, they directed us to a wrong line which exacerbated the situation. As a result the five of us including a four year old child, missed the flight to Orlando.

It went downhill from there. We were told that our suitcases would not go to Orlando without us, but they did.
We were told that we would be on the next flight out, but we were not.
In fact, after the various false information from your ground crew, one of your staff told us that flights were overbooked. Our next best option was to book a confirmed flight two days later, the crew didn’t offer any support to get a hotel in Dallas which should have been paid by American, they just left us to figure it out for ourselves.

We had to pay for 2 nights at a hotel in Dallas. We had to buy toiletries and some clothing for the two days. In Orlando, we lost our reservation for our car rental and were charged more when we rented two days later. We lost two days of vacation at Disneyworld parks, hotel in Orlando...OUR VACATION WAS RUINED BECAUSE OF BEING MISLEAD AND CARELESSNESS BY YOUR GROUND CREW IN DALLAS!!
I feel angry and disappointed as an Advantage member, which didn’t mean anything when I needed it most, specially traveling with a child, America abandoned us !
Be aware that even the Advantage membership is meaningless when it’s supposed to recognize loyalty and preference for your airline.
I find what happened to us should never happen to any family, specially traveling with children to Disneyworld.

1  Thank fllanos
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was great. The attendants were kind and helpful. The plane was clean, food was as good as expected on an airplane and they offered number snacks!
The entertainment selection was great. All in all in a good flight!

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had an hour wait, however caught connecting flight on time since there was a long layover- smooth flight.