“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've never used American Airlines before but they had the best price for our inflexible dates. It's been quite some time since I've flown anywhere so some of the things they are charging for are just downright annoying, such as seat selection - that really bumped the fare up and of course you don't find out about it until you're nearing the end of your booking, but that's not exclusive to this airline. Aside from that, it was all pretty seamless, on time and uneventful which is what I was hoping for. I had to call customer service after I booked online and they took care of my problem very quickly. As they suggest, I downloaded their app before I left and took advantage of their tv/movie selection which was pretty good.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,277)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Left chicago on time with clear weather all the way to Hayden but door seal failed, flight attendant had look of horror, emergency landing in Minneapolis, lie after lie after lie , delay after delay, late night alternative flight to Denver,lost luggage , American took no responsibility for luggage, night in cheap airport area hotel with no clothes. delta found luggage in morning, alternative flight to Hayden delayed 6 hours after lie after lie, weather was clear.Was supposed,to be in steamboat by 1:00pm Monday, finally got to Steamboat condo at 11;15 pm on Tuesday exhausted , All four of us got sick from too much time in airports ,and being sleep deprived.and airport food. I don't want to fly again for a long time, my wife and I were to sick to ski, very expensive week. my children only skied two days

1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was flying out of DC during a snow storm and it just wasn't happening. My first flight was cancelled -- but they called me a couple hours ahead to let me know about the change of plans. So I boarded the new/second flight, but after waiting two hours and being de-iced twice, we were told that we were returning to the gate. Our pilot advocated on our behalf, but the flight was cancelled. Meanwhile, we had been served drinks and snacks while we waited. No one panicked. No one was rude. Everyone acknowledged that we were all in this together and there was nothing anyone could do to change the facts. When we returned to the gate, everyone started moving to the customer service line. I called AA directly and was told "start walking right now. Get to Gate 24 and I will get you on a flight out of there right now." It worked! I caught a different flight and was home in time to go to work the next day. Kudos to everyone who made that happen so quickly and smoothly. You are my heroes! (I didn't even get to tell you that the flight was extremely affordable!)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Returning to BA I sat at the end of the plane. They were serving the food and missing five rows they ran out of option food, we all have to ate pasta or nothing. At breakfast they only gave a snack. I found the food service poor in quality and quantity. 3.30 AM at JFK there was only one person to help to check the baggage on digital machines, It made the process very slow. In the other hand, I found very organized the boarding process. Taking all into account I gave them ⭐️⭐️⭐️Of 5.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Asked to quickly board over and over again, as some folks tended to be slow stowing their overpacked carry-ons. And when everyone was seated, we were informed that we had mechanical difficulties. So, we SAT on the tarmac for an hour while the problem was remedied. However, the pilot DID make up the time lost, so we arrived on time.
We chose to sit in the exit seating as leg room is in abundance. However, the seat width is about two inches smaller, so you are packed like a sardine next to the other person - and we paid EXTRA for this seating. In addition, there is no place to store your carry-ons, or even a purse, unless you put it in an overhead compartment. Never had that happen on any other airline.
Flight attendants were attentive and cordial. Drinks were served often. Even gave me a glass of wine to celebrate my birthday!