“Smooth Experience”
Review of Asiana Airlines

Reviewed 16 February 2019

I flew a red-eye flight from Singapore to Seoul (there were toothbrushes provided in the bathroom) during the peak Chinese New Year season and thus the prices were a little high on the side.

This was my first time flying with time and I found the service staff to be courteous and efficient. I was pleasantly surprised by the legroom, it is really comfortable and I slept well during the flight. During my return flight, I was allocated the last row but was given an eye mask and ear plugs! Really thoughtful!

The food served was warm, and we were given 2 choices:)

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (2,921)

Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

Cabin crew were very professional, pleasant and very polite. All the ladies were pretty,well dressed, puts on refreshing perfume and accommodating to passengers. I had a good flight to and fro from Singapore to Seoul! Well spoken in English too!

1  Thank EwanRashid
Reviewed 13 February 2019

Flew from Shenzhen to Seoul on Asiana. Very nice business class with reclining seats, great choice of food (western and asian).

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 11 February 2019

This flight had some mechanical equipment failure found when heading for the runway. Yes, it is not a good experience. but they managed the situation quite well, I think.

One of the senior cabin crew personally visited from business to economy class giving quite frankly spoken explanation on the situation and the plan at the moment. It was quite good.

The food gets worse every time on board. they have to do something for sure, by the way.

Reviewed 10 February 2019

Last leg of my trip flying ICN to LAX on A380 upper deck, upon boarding immediately discovered trash from the inbound flight’s catering service at my seat - gross! Trash extended to the row behind me as well and was not collected until the passengers behind me brought it to the flight attendant’s attention, and this flight attendant didn’t apologize or seem to care that we had to deal with the previous passengers’ mess. Fell asleep shortly after take off, and by this time they were serving meals. I had to proactively get the crew’s attention to serve the special meal that I had preordered (Asiana’s response to my complaint was that the crew usually leaves a note reminding the passenger to ask for their meal, but they failed to do so in my case). Once I was done eating I had to wait quite a bit and ring my call button multiple times to have my tray collected, since the crew was not really walking throughout the cabin and checking on passengers. As we neared Los Angeles, I visited the restroom only to find liquid and toilet paper on the ground, and no toiletries (ie combs and toothbrushes) were available since they had not been restocked by the crew, and I even had to restock the toilet paper myself. Rest of the flight was uneventful. Food was good but nothing worth raving about, seats were definitely more comfy and spacious than economy class on most carriers, and IFE system was a joke with hardly any mainstream Western content. However I was very disappointed that I had paid a premium to fly Asiana only to receive a disgusting in flight environment and extremely underwhelming service.

Complained to Asiana after the flight. They simply asked for “my understanding” regarding the poor meal service and garbage at my seat, and didn’t seem to acknowledge their own crew’s lack of attentiveness. When I responded, I explained that I was irritated that they neither seemed to care about my experience nor took responsibility on behalf of their crew on my flight, and asked for a small amount of compensation for the poor in flight experience. They not only denied my compensation request but also continued to allege no negligence or lack of attentiveness on their crew’s part. If anyone from Asiana is reading this, please seriously step it up in terms of your in flight experience, and acknowledge that your in flight crew seriously missed the boat. I have not had a dirtier in flight experience in terms of both the disgusting restrooms but also the unsanitary garbage I found at my seat, and I would’ve missed my meal if I hadn’t been proactive and familiar with how in flight service works. Overall very disappointing, and I will be moving my business elsewhere next time I fly between the US and Asia.

Date of travel: December 2018