“On time, efficient, clean, and comfortable”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 17 February 2019

The flight originates in Quito and has a brief layover in Guayaquil before leaving for Baltra, in the Galapagos Islands. It arrived on time in Guayaquil, departed on time, and arrived on time at Baltra. Though full, the airplane was clean and modern, making for a comfortable and pleasant flight.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (16,057)

Reviewed 16 February 2019

First time with this airline so a bit apprehensive. Was pleasantly surprised.

In reality it is a two hour shuttle service but had a polite functional crew and a decent snack served with non alcoholic drinks. Was impressed.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 February 2019

Flight from San Francisco to Buenos Aires was very long,but the planes we were on were comfortable and they fed us

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019

The crue was very proffessional, nothing to reproach. Everything was ok, food, drinks, the stewards very friendly

Reviewed 15 February 2019

I had a non-stop round trip reservation Boston-Bogota-Boston. Yesterday I was informed by United Airlines (I am a frequent flyer member and purchased this ticket through them) that Avianca decided to cancel my non-stop Bogota-Boston, and instead put me on a 1-stop flight. here are my reasons for this 1 star review:

1) My original flight time was departing Bogota at 1:15 pm arriving nonstop to Boston at 8:21 pm. Perfect time for me to get up in the morning and for my wife to pick me up in the evening form the airport. THAT IS WHY I SELECTED AND PAID FOR THIS RESERVATION!!!

2) Avianca rescheduled me on a flight departing 4:59 am with a 50 min plane change stop in none other than El Salvador. Not only that it would have just given me 50 min to change planes, something that i will never schedule as you risk missing your connecting flight, but this would have automatically increased the chances for my bag to suddenly disappear and never make it to Boston. This is an itinerary I would never choose on my own.

3) Who knows if tomorrow or next week, Avianca decides to also change my non-stop flight Boston-Bogota. I won't take that risk.

4) I guess Avianca is very good at taking reservations, but very bad at what is more important, that actual holding of the reservations.

5) Avianca should have reached out to me directly to offer me something to compensate me for their incompetence, or at least an apology, as they rescheduled me on a very crappy flight. I would still have cancelled the whole reservation and re-booked it with a different airline, but at least I won't be writing this review

It is one thing that I decide to take my own risks and bring discomfort on to myself, but it is a different story if those risks and discomforts are imposed onto me by someone else. I will not allow that! I am a paying customer, not a beggar.

I canceled my reservation all together through United and got a 100% refund. I used Avianca about 12 years ago. Not a good experience either as the seats were pure wood with just a liner, there was no padding at all. I only thought of using Aviance this time because of the convenience of their non-stop flights...so much for that! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.