“A terrible experience every time. Take literally any other airline.”
Review of Belavia Belarusian Airlines

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Flying Belavia was a terrible--and costly--experience. I bought an early morning flight at twice the price of all other flights because I had an important meeting that afternoon. They boarded, the plane went out to the runway, then they decided the plane was not fit to fly (it was an ancient plane, like many of their planes) and brought us back to the terminal. We wound up waiting for 5 hours for them to bring another plane from Minsk. Then another 5 hours in Minsk for my connection. In total, what was supposed to be a 3.5 hour flight was 12 hours and cost twice as much as all the other flights that would have arrived at the same time anyway. Belavia's customer service throughout was polite but provided no assistance whatsover. Other people on my flight missed connecting flights from Moscow on different airlines and were simply told they're tough out of luck and will have to purchase a new ticket. Their website works poorly, and they don't have numbers besides ticket offices outside of Minsk. So you can spend a bunch of money calling Minsk if there's a problem. Beyond that they require complaints to be submitted to Minsk by regular mail. There is no accountability. I filed complaints everywhere I could and got nothing but a letter saying "oh so sorry you were not satisfied!" No compensation. We got a bottle of water and a lousy sandwich in the Kiev airport. My overall advice is avoid this airline at all costs. If you're flying between Ukraine and Russia or somewhere take any other airline. My experience cost me hundreds of dollars for the better, faster ticket, and then I spent 10 hours in airports and missed my meeting anyway. It's just not worth it.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
7  Thank W C

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Our Belavia flight was significantly delayed because of "weather conditions at the destination airport". Well, I checked arrivals in the destination airport and figured that there were at least 5 other planes, Aeroflot, AlItalia, KLM, and others, landing at the same time and nobody was going to be delayed. Belavia just put inadequate small plane that cannot tolerate any weather deviations. In addition, Belavia service was awful also. Their manager at the airport even didn't try to solve this situation. I advise to never go with this airline.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
12  Thank vasmir
Yan M, Manager at Belavia Belarusian Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Vasmir,

thank you for your review and we regret to hear that your trip had not met your expectations. Could you share your flight details with us, so we can check out the situation you faced?

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This was a short hop flight from VNO to MSQ. Check in was quick and easy and the flight was on time. While the plane was ancient it did the job. This is pretty much a zero frills operation but for the price does the job. There is basically zero choice from VNO to MSQ (direct) so this is what you go with.

Would I go out of my way to fly with these guys? No, but I certainly would use them again if I had to take this route as there is zero sense in connecting. But don't expect anything special here, just basic service to get you front point a to point b.

1  Thank scalba
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Flight was on time. Staff were good. Everything went as planned which is all I really wanted. I would definitely fly with them again.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

45 minutes late on a 25 minute flight, no reason given at one point flight info disappeared off the board at departure gate then started boarding after a single announcement in Belorussian. Long time since I have been on a plane with steps in the door, real old school

4  Thank a24681359