“Good once you are on board”
Review of Belavia Belarusian Airlines

Reviewed 10 November 2018

This review is not so much about the flight but about the economy class check in procedure in Amsterdam. Since recently only passengers are allowed at the baggage drop - not very nice when you check in elderly people who do not speak Dutch or English. The automatic baggage drop off is not for those who just use a computer now and then. Unfortunately the front entrance is blocked by very strict ladies who will not let accompanying person(s) pass. However the back entrance through other counters where the personal is more friendly or absent does still work, so one can still help where it matters. All in all the economy check in in Amsterdam is a disgrace and not made for everyone. I will try to avoid this airport whenever I can in the future.

1  Thank Glasfluss

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

3:00 Checked in at Batumi
Asked Check in Girl to send my Luggage direct to Gatwick. She said “NOT POSSIBLE “

Plus the Girl allocated different Rows for me and my Friend.

I arrive at Minsk problem with Customs as I have to purchase extra insurance.

So I am now in Minsk Airport I07:30 must wait until 09:10 to Check my Luggage in for Business Class
Yes I must wait around
As I cannot go any where without checking in my Luggage.
Spoke to Minsk Check in Girls USLESS just Giggles
Spoke to Management USLESS.
just apologise “We are Sorry” “ We are Sorry”

Unless you check your luggage in you are held hostage to the Departure Area.

Guess where the Buisness Lounge is ???
Yes through Customs.
WHY AM I PAYING 4 x the price of an economy Seat.

The Check in Desk is now shown on the Board.
08:15 Guess what.
You “STILL CANNOT CHECK YOUR BUSINESS LUGGAGE IN”

Date of travel: November 2018
3  Thank TiamoPizzeria
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Even though their planes are not new, we still found our experience very positive! The stuff is super friendly & helpful, all the flights were in time without any delays, there is enough space between seats & also, it was really warm in the plane.

Belavia also offers free tea/coffee/ water & some sandwiches. We really enjoyed flying with this company, and without any doubt will use it again! Thank you, guys!

1  Thank Masha M
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Very good Airline, clean, comfortable, also food was OK and staff is friendly. I will definitely use their service again!

• In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Guja L
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I flew to Minsk with Belavia, and was very impressed. Boarding at Gatwick was speedy and doors closed, and we were airborne in no time at all. Flight was comfortable, and food was served - without charging any money. The food was a decent meal - yes, it was an airline meal, so not gourmet, but pleasant, filling and edible. Landing in Minsk was perfect, and we disembarked before the expected landing time. Returning to Gatwick was equally as good, with again a meal provided.

I'd definitely fly with Belavia again.

Date of travel: September 2018