“Best airline between Madrid and Tenerife especially for those over 6ft.”
Review of Binter

Reviewed 8 March 2024

I know i am going to sound like a homer but i have not had this level of service from an airline since i worked for the airlines in the 90s. it was outstanding and there is not enough good things to say.

Best airline between MAD and TFN for tall people. I am 6ft 6 310 pounds (mostly tall not to much on the wide side.) i fit so comfortable on the plane and did not need a seat belt extender. i sat in row 20 aft of the wing so not an extra legroom seat. the check in agent at the main ticket counter was magnificent. had a small hiccup checking my golf clubs. she wanted to charge me 40 for it. I told her Binter agent called me and waived the fee. Instead of arguing like most agents here in the US do. she made a phone call to her supervisor, who i assume made another phone call but about 3-4 min later it came back the fee was waived. for the record i was going to pay the fee. I am not the type to make a scene and the agent was doing her job. But with the info i gave her she took the time to get it right. not something you see every day where i live.

The flight was smooth, ever we time we fly from Madrid or Barcelona it is 99% of the time a smooth flight not many bumps. the flight crew was very nice. although the flight attendants where a little chocked when my wife handed them a bag of taffy. When we fly we buy a 1 bag of taffy (buc-ees taffy for those in Texas who read this) for every we flight we have so we can give them to the flight attendant who greats us at the door to share with the crew. Juts a little something to say thank you and we appreciate the job you do.

As long as Binter keesp flying between Madrid and Los Rodeos you can guarantee my wife and i will be on them every year when we take our yearly trip to Tenerife. Now if Binter could only code share or something with Delta so i can earn skymiles on them. LOL

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 26 February 2024

I am used to several airlines in the world, but mostly to german ones. Since i am now loving on the canary islands, this was my first trip by Binter. Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Jerez and the same back. I was surprised about the service and how friendly the purser and his crew were. The free food also surprised me. There is only one thing which makes me worried. The crew is not allowed to receive a tip. Everybody knows that the salary on canary islands are very low. So i usually tip a lot to those people if they are friendly. And today they were just amazing. So Binter, if you want me to fix this review, think about allowing your crew to receive tip without decreasing their salaries and i ll immediately fix my review to a full five star review. Tips are common sense for other airlines. At least from my experience.

Others should make their reviews like i did. At least i hope so.

Thanks for reading my ideas.
Otherwise very happy customer.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Explorer61503712379
Reviewed 7 January 2024

After waiting 45 in front of the displayed boarding gate for our flight (while the display was still showing "go to gate" ) we decided to go to the information counter to ask if there is any info about this flight which seemed delayed.

We were told by the Binter representative that the flight is not existing anymore, not operational (while the display right above her desk was still showing "go to gate") and asked if we want to reschedule (as if... What the hell else could we like to do? Just stay in Gran Canaria forever!??? ) No single apologize for the inconvenience!

We asked to reschedule to the next flight only to hear that this flight is full because everyone else on our flight also wanted to reschedule! (again, what the hell did she think that people would like to do???).
We were then given one of the flights in the late evening as it seemed to be the only one with more seats available and not even a single apologize!

I asked if there is at least a pharmacy in the airport because my husband needed his medication (which could not wait until the evening when our new flight would be) and the answer was just a blunt "No", I asked if there is a doctor that we could see, again just a "No".

The crowning of this behavior was when a Spanish-speaking (probably local) lady asked, right next to me, to reschedule she received a seat on the next flight directly!

We then went to the boarding gate of the next flight and waited until boarding was over and indeed there were 3 more seats free but since we were already booked on thr evening flight... They gave the seats to other people who chose to not rebook but to try their luck waiting at the gate.

The whole behavior was wrong on so many levels... I don't even know which aspect was worse

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 4 September 2023

wonderful staff, punctual, cheap and efficient. not to mention the check in of big suitcases and stroller and car seat. hassle free up until the last minute! well done team!

Date of travel: September 2023
Reviewed 18 July 2023

The flight was delayed due to extraordinary circumstances, such as adverse weather conditions, but the company did not inform me over SMS or e-mail, and the info about flight status on the company home page was inaccurate. This caused unnecessary costs for transfer to the airport and back which they do not want to refund despite all invoices wit precise transfer data. Very unfriendly customer service

Date of travel: June 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.