“The worlds favourite airline!”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We decided to use some air miles and enjoy the 4hr flight to Tenerife in Business.

Whilst BA have detuned the business class experience somewhat by removing the extra legroom, there is still a better feeling of space with the middle seat unoccupied and replaced by a slot in table. The crew were superb, the service prompt and plentiful with the drinks but for the me the biggest surprise was the quality of the in flight meal - it was excellent and very tasty!! I was more than happy when the same selection was offered on the return trip.

The elements that weren't so good were on the ground in Gatwick. The Number 1 Lounge is pitiful and a disgrace as a Business Lounge. It is overcrowded, the food is poor and 3 toilets between a couple of hundred travellers is not good at all. In addition, we had an hour delay and the communication between the groundstaff and passengers was very poor. Even after the delay strtched beyond an hour when asked the gate staff just told passengers to sit down and got on with their chatting and joking - no attempt was made to give us an update.

In reviewing the flight, this was 5* the ground element airside was 1*!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (32,040)

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

This return flight was fine though marred by the food. We were give goats cheese sandwiches which is a bit of an acquired taste especially when that's all they gave children as well. We did complain and they swapped the children's for left over breakfast croissants. For the BA price I expect a bit better.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Once airborne, British Air staff can provide very good service, food, beverages.

However, it's another story if you fly the off season (Feb.) on less than full flights. You make detailed advanced plans around departure/arrival times. BUT, less than 24 hours before departure, you get a text (what if your i-phone is off?) saying your flight was cancelled for BS (unsubstantiated/groundless) reasons and they put you on another flight a full 24 hours later. Now try getting on another flight a few hours before or after your original departure. It becomes a phone fight between you and their rude staff from the former English colonies in Asia.

Now it's not a good airline! I say that as a member of BA's club and a frequent BA user to visit my UK family. None of that swayed the nasty BA staffers/contractors who are supposed to work for their loyal customers.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

It was not BA's fault that we were delayed for 70 minutes inside the terminal nor their fault for a further delay on the tarmac of about an hour as the French air traffic controllers were on strike. When I sat down my knees pressed against the seat in front of me even with the seats upright. It seems as if BA are adding extra rows of seating. The arm rests are hard, the tray tables often display remnants of previous meals. During the hour or so wait inside the plane I commented on the uncomfortable seats and the flight attendant told me to, "Fly another airline." In addition, the food has been getting progressively worse. Half a sandwich with black avocado is not very appetizing. I think they should serve drinks and food together or at least serve the drinks first. You are given these appalling half sandwiches and then have to wait 20-30 minutes for something to drink. They now charge those with hand luggage only to change seats and of course, you are automatically placed in the worst seats near the back unless you pay extra. This is fairly recent and something that I really resent. BA is no better than the cheap airlines now. The dimension of hand luggage and amount is too great therefore you are often unable to store even a small bag in the overhead lockers because they are full by the time you board the plane. On the return flight from Italy there was no order for boarding so it was a scrum just like QueasyJet, etc. and disorder made it all seem very long and tedious. Overall, I feel that BA is getting worse and worse on almost all fronts.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

The flight itself was fine, ontime, service good, food suprisingly nice. However the beginning was a nightmare:-
I arrived at 13.15 for a 17.15 flight having travelled over 200 miles. I was hungry, thirsty and tired and looking forward to the lounge I had booked. I joined the queue only to be told at the end that I couldn't drop my bags until 14.15!! It is in their small print but I hadn't noticed, not that it would make any difference. I asked for customer service but just kept being told "them's the rules", I just wanted to discuss the rule and tell them how silly it was on their part to restrict a customers time airside as they spend less without the stress it causes people like myself who have already travelled a distance. No chance!

I joined the queue yet again at 14.05 it was much longer than the original queue. I reached the desk after 2.30 to be told I needed to be at my gate by 4.30 and it would take me 1/2hr to getting there. I hadn't been through security yet so I would possibly have a maximum of 60min in the most expensive basic lounge I have ever booked, £38 for nibbles soup and drinks! This lounge is a joke, it's small really busy so you are all squashed in, the funniest thing is that they advertise a spar but have no toilets you have to go outside and use the toilet at the gates.

Don't bother to book a lounge you won't get time to have value for money and make sure you eat before you get to the airport you won't get time otherwise.