“"We appreciate you have a choice of airlines" ...but only to a point”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My BA flight was very late arriving from Tokyo. Compounded by a significant wait for a stand, and despite rushing to the closing gate, BA made me miss my connecting flight home after a 12 hour flight (and an exhausting work week in Tokyo).

I understood that BA have a (reasonable) policy of upgrading customers if they miss a flight at the fault of the airline, so I felt comfortable approaching the club lounge desk personnel to request my new boarding card - NOPE!

What I got instead by "way of compensation" (for this unacceptably poor performance), after waiting some time to be confronted by a sour-faced customer service manager, Nicola John, was "well we booked you on the next flight".

Well, thank you!, but given my company spends around £75k+ per year with BA on flights and I have been a Gold card holder for some ten years, I expected a little more sympathy.

"Imagine how much it would cost us if we had to upgrade the THOUSANDS of customers we make late every week" is the quote I will remember from BA's Nicola John forever!

Unbelievable that: 1) thousand of delayed passengers is an acceptable number to BA; 2) they have no respect for the amount of money I (and many other customers) spend with them; 3) they offer zero sympathy or flexibility to compensate their poor service.

I have long been a firm advocate of BA and One World, but - with same routes - suddenly Star Alliance is very attractive.

Great customer care BA!

NB: The flight crew were however superb.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
5  Thank Warren E
Write a ReviewReviews (31,763)

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Dublin flights are often cancelled presumably something to do with the CTA and the availability of other flights make this route the first to be chopped if there is an aircraft short. As a oneworld FF with a high tier class I don't like being reassigned a seat on another flight only to arrive and realise there is no lounge, no fast track and no priority boarding because the flight is operated by aer lingus and no one has told me when my original flight was cancelled. Made even more frustrating if you are flying from Heathrow and you arrive at the wrong terminal.

1  Thank Tmatty99
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I have flown BA as my transatlantic airline of choice for many (too many) years and apart from the occasional hiccup I haven't had any problems. BA cabin crew have always shown that Customer Service matters to them, though I must admit that since Unite started threatening (and going ahead with) strike action, I have noticed a toning down of their level of care. Food and refreshments are good, the Lounge is excellent.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

14 of us flew from LCY to ibiza for a 4 night stay.

BA City flyer delivered a great service on time in both directions, excellent leg room on the flight and one of the few flights to fly within Europe where they don't sell you anything on the journey and still provide complimentary drinks and snacks.

Highly recommend paying the extra to fly on BA from city airport.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Mu husband and I flew on Saturday the 29th July 2017 from London to Beijing (BA39).
The flight itself was fine until the meal service started. One of the flight attendants skipped my row leaving 4 people without meal. I still cannot comprehend how she could miss us but well mistakes happen. The thing that makes me furious it is not the fact that she made a mistake as I said mistakes happen and we are all humans,it is the way things were handled.
I stood up to ask if the service was finish and I was told yes, so I told them the issue and I was given a tray that by the way I have to carry myself so... where is the service then?? with 50 per cent of the meal (no bread, dessert or coffee) and I wasn't given any option to choose from (as the test of the costumers have)because they just have vegetarian meals. I went back to my seat to leave the tray and I spoke with another flight attendant to express my unhappiness about the whole situation and my surprise was she made the things worse rather than be helpful which honestly surprised me quite a lot. She said the mistake wasn't intentional which I totally believed and if I was a specific meal I should have pre ordered my meal. What??? I did not want any specific meal I just wanted a meal, full meal served on my seat.
Anyways, I did not like the service and the way the treat the costumers. They are not a low cot company so they should be able to meet certain standards.

4  Thank María B