“Predicament experienced on account of British Airways unreported policies”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of my close relative & her husband had booked flight from Boston to Mumbai. Along with them, their 5 year old son & 11 months old toddler son were also accompanying. Since the kids were small, my relative was highly dependent on her husband accompanying her.

My relative & her husband are Indian nationals with US visa. Her husband's US VISA was extended in US & was carrying papers to that extent. He was visiting India to get his passport suitably stamped from US Embassy in India, as per procedure.

However, when all of them approached British Airways flight counter at Boston airport 3 hours before flight time, British Airways refused entry & denied boarding pass to the husband of my relative. They said unless the person had visa stamped on passport, they would not allow the person to board. He said, he was indian national & had valid Indian passport & was going to India only for stamping purpose. Still British Airways official refused & he said he had rules to follow.

It was very strange situation & my relative was entirely dependent on her husband to attend to the 2 kids for the 24 hr long journey with 1 stopover of few hours at London.

They protested stating that British Airways had not informed them earlier & if they had they would have booked some other airline. They had all the plans confirmed, leaves confirmed at office & as such could not go anywhere, except to India. However the airline official refused to budge.

My relative was at tears against this sudden, unforeseen & strange situation. Finally looking at their genuine predicament, the official said to my relative that he can book him through another airline going through middle east, where no such rule was there. So they requested him to book both through like that. He again refused stating that he would book only her husband & she would have to travel on British Airways only.

Finally they agreed & her husband boarded Quatar Airways flight & she boarded British airways. She had a harrowing time to care the 2 kids simultaneously. Even visiting washroom anywhere was a problem.

Finally they arrived at Mumbai landing 2 hours apart & completed their nightmarish journey.

Thought such strange experience ought to be brought to the notice of the world of travelers, such that they take utmost precautions. There are millions of US VISA holders, wanting to travel to their native countries for various purposes. They should make doubly sure if they can board British Airways or any such other airline flights. Airlines from their side should make this information public well before people book for flights.
Regards,

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (42,326)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight deck excellent with information. Cabin crew unfriendly and disinterested.
I was surprised at the cost of a cup of tea.

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank MichelleDalzielJ
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As this was a night flight most of it was asleep, however, the seat was difficult to recline.
The worst part was the food, almost inedible, I can't even work out what it was supposed to be, would have been better off with just a couple of bags of crisps.
Why bother if the food is rubbish?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had no choice, we were in late to search for the flight and we took BA. Frankly speaking I'm quite surprised by the level of service, this is not a national air company, this is low cost. But this "low cost" will well cost you-400-500 euros par person. We made our flights Moscow-London-Paris and back and this is something we wouldn't like to repeat. No food on flight Paris-London I could understand but what is the problem to give a glass of water to take a pill? We can give you water only after we take off they said. I really didn't get why human being must suffer of a headache extra 30-40 minutes. The crew is zombi, unreasonably arrogant and not nice. Tiny sandwich on 4 hours flight to Moscow is ridiculous so eat something before take their flights.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a flight from Atl - Fco upon arriving in Rome we find out that the airline has broken my bag and lost my partners baggage. We discuss and file a claim with customer service for our entire 6 days in Rome my partner did not have any of his belongings we Called multiple times just to receive the run around .. they finally get back to us the day before we leave to get back home to tell us that our luggage is being delivered between 6pm & 10pm .. guess what they even called our hotel but nothing showed up we spent the day waiting for our luggage .. we arrive at the airport our flight is @ 8am the airline and airport tell us that we have to wait until 6:30am to gain any information about our luggage ... worst experience of my life.. I will never take this airline again. Very unprofessional, poor customer service and what makes it worse is that they give you a tracking number for your bag but u can’t even track your bag.. what sense does that make..

Picture below shows the damage done to my NEW luggage !!

Date of travel: February 2019