“Great”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 12 March 2024

Didn't have an issue with this airline. From Orlando to London, flight was on time, plane was clean upon boarding, and friendly staff. 4/5 stars bc I was not wowed. Overall, I would fly again. I'm also writing a review bc my wife relies on reviews. Since we only write reviews when we have bad experience, maybe we can start a new trend.

Date of travel: October 2023

Reviewed 12 March 2024

BA have become notorious for delays and cancellations.

We were booked to fly from NJ to London, Heathrow. They cancelled the flight about 3 hrs before we had scheduled our taxi to the airport. My husband spent nearly 2 hrs speaking to a foreign representative. She finally managed to book us on a virgin Atlantic flight, but from JFK. We had to rush in order to book another taxi to get us there on time.

Virgin Atlantic are great, and I will certainly choose them over BA. Now, our nightmare had just begun. Our connecting flight was in terminal 5. So we got ourselves there, only to discover there was a flight delay. Eventually, the flight had been delayed by 1 hr 45 mins. Finally, we board and sat in the plane for 2 hrs as they attempted to fix the back-up breaking system which was not working.

After several announcements by the captain, we recieved a message on our phone that the flight has been cancelled.
Chaos followed that. We were unable to rebook a flight through 'Manage my booking' Our luggage took 2 hrs to show up. My husband spent another 2 hrs trying to rebook us on the next days flight. It was a total mess. We were finally booked on a flight 2 days later. BA are untrustworthy and a true failure. They seriously need to improve as they are one of the most uncaring and unreliable airlines. Never again will we choose to fly with them.⁵

3  Thank Shyle M
Reviewed 12 March 2024

Poor customer service, passenger went up on stairs from the tarmac while it was raining, luggages are out in the rain as well. Inconsiderate.

2  Thank peerpressured
Reviewed 12 March 2024

Absolutely horrible customer service - will never fly again. We left Toronto for London, and due to a medical emergency we missed our connecting flight in London to Mumbai. They would not help us get on another flight so we had to book with a different airline and pay the costs. They then cancelled our return flight (booked for 3 weeks later) from Mumbai to Toronto without notifying us in any way. We just happened to find out when we tried to check in. We are now stuck in Mumbai with 3 small kids, no return flights, and they kept our money for the return flights that we paid for. The flight hasn't even left yet, they've now sold our tickets to someone else, and now we're stuck and will have to find another way home at exoribitant costs. We've called customer service, who was also completely unhelpful. Honestly, this is criminal - stay away from British Airways. First and last time flying with them.

Date of travel: February 2024
2  Thank Pioneer46304171592
Reviewed 11 March 2024

BA flight attendants appear to be professional and attentive when I told them my business class seat did not recline all the way to flat position. They tried but it appears to be broken. The manager apologized for the inconvenience and said someone from BA will contact me and may offer a refund. No one has contacted me so far so I tried to call BA customer service. DISASTER!! Calls can't get through either due to high call volume or endless waiting. Their website doesn't work either - it can't seem to locate my reference number. Very disappointing customer service so far!

2  Thank Ambassador628665
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.