“Outstanding customer service.”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This flight was cancelled due to fog. I understand that - stuff happens and you can't control the weather. What was amazing was the customer service rep at the ticketing counter. When it was determined that the flight would be cancelled, she gave each passenger options for later flights or other arrangements. Very kind, but not unusual for an airline under the circumstances. But what happened next was amazing. She phoned a cab service to take me and another passenger to the bus terminal...but no cabs were available. "I'll drive you there. I don't want you to miss the bus." She then closed her counter, packed our bags in her car and drove us to the bus station herself! I fly a lot, and I've seen good customer service, but I'd never seen customer service like this. Bonus points to Cape Air and Augusta Airport.
The flight up was flight 1003 Boston to Augusta - nice, friendly and helpful ticketing agent, extremely efficient boarding, and a pleasant flight on a rather smallish Cessna 402. I had expected to be terrified, but it was quite pleasant.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I flew with Cape Air from Boston to Bar Harbor ME: The outbound flight was delayed by one hour due to some maintenance issues. The inbound flight was delayed by 4 hrs due to fog (hence not their fault), they tried their best to inform myself and other passengers particularly those with onward flights our options due to this circumstance. I overheard that the next inbound flight from Boston to Bar Harbor was delayed due to the fact that they put too much fuel into their aircraft and had to remove two passengers to compensate for the weight increase - not sure how that came about!

Flights themselves were smooth and trouble free.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We booked Cape Air as part of our vacation in the BVI. We were to pick up our Charter yacht in Tortola in early February. The booking process was completed by phone and in a highly efficient manner.

Well, you know what happened in Tortola. Our dream charter was off for another year as our boat and a lot of other things were long gone.

I called Cape Air after the hurricane and the unexpected happened. We connected with another very efficient and polite employee. When asked about cancellation of the tickets as our dream vacation wouldn't happen this year, without hesitation, he took the deatials and advised that he would relay the details to the refund department and today, the full purchase price was credited to our Visa account.

Now, that is the kind of service our national carrier should strive to achieve. They charged our friends $150 each to cancel and they now have a credit that must be used in 12 months.

1  Thank 1greenwood
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Raining upon arrival at airport. Told there would be a "slight delay". When my flight was scheduled to depart the one before mine left. A few hours later the one scheduled after mine departed. Mine was never called. All going to Boston. The "slight delay" lasted 6.5-hours. We were told that there were two planes from Boston (35-minutes away) on the way to get us. They never came. I called Cape Air and was told by a reservations agent that he was the only one in the office and he had no information. He said I should check with the people on the ground at the Martha's Vineyard airport. When I told I had done that his reply was "now you have two people with no information, have a nice day." I understand about weather delays. I don't understand how a "slight delay" can result in a six and a half hour delay then result in a cancellation or why the plane scheduled after mine left first.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 12 September 2017

So i know that Nantucket is a small island and there are not that many companies that fly to and from it . Well Cape air is one of them and i had to book a flight with them. The cost of the flight to Boston is $200 one way .. so its a total robbery and on top of that their customer service is the worst !!
they canceled my flight without even letting me know ... Delaying a Flight i had to catch after that and i was late hour and a half instead of been on time .
I would never fly with that company again !!

3  Thank hristina p