“Amazing!!”
Review of Cathay Pacific

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

When you step on board you are greeted with a glass of Krug. Immediately you think this is great as you wallow in your oversize flat bed! A short while later lunch begins with a glass of Krug and a tin of caviar. This is starting to become the second most fun I've ever had a 36000ft. Lunch follows and is equally as impressive. I didn't even have to ask for a thing for the entire 12 hours. It was as if each member of staff can read your mind. I'm feeling thirsty and someone wafts by and hands you a bottle of water! It's the second time I have flown with Cathay to China and to be honest I think you would be hard pushed to beat what they do!! A truly truly first class service!! Thanks Cathay!!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (10,003)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

With such a long way to travel passengers want to be relaxed, cared for and feel safe. My wife and i certainly did on our recent trip to Canada and Alaska and return.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Flew Cathay Pacific business class from Singapore to Bangkok recently. Check-in is at terminal one. Lounge assigned was Dnata Lounge as Cathay Pacific currently do not have their own lounge in Changi International Airport. Being a paid lounge has its limitations. Food selection is limited. Internet speed is not great – download speed 0.97 mbps and upload speed of 1.07 mbps. Bottled drinks are poured from a big bottle. Toilet is not very clean.
After spending some time in the lounge, I boarded the plane which is a new A350. Pretty comfortable but cabin crew service not very warm. Not much to expect in terms of amenities – if fact there is nothing. No slippers, blankets only upon request. F&B pretty much average although it did not run out of sparking water as I usually encountered in SQ flights.
Cost of flight (booked from a 3rd party on-line at $528 for a return flight ) is halved of SIA’s and I considered it worthwhile in that sense.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I fly Cathay because they are a part of the Oneworld Alliance. I'm not based out of Hong Kong so I don't get the opportunity to fly them often. This particular flight was jammed full. We were late to leave because HK was so busy but we arrived early so I appreciated that. The staff was friendly but mostly I tried to sleep on the plane so I didn't partake in any of the service. It took several hours for the drinks and dinner to be served and thus for the lights to be switched off. I was thankful that I had an eye cover from a previous flight.

In economy, you don't receive any kind of toiletry bag - no toothbrush, socks or anything.

1  Thank CindyBaker
Reviewed 17 September 2017

With the new online check-in and baggage drop, check-in was a breeze. Usually, I will not finished the plane meal, as it's always tasted awful. But Cathay Pacific plane meal was nice and delicious that I finish it. The entertainment was good enough to keep me entertained throughout the short journey