“A great value airline”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Sixth time on this service. CS isn't the very highest quality, but is very good, and exceptional value for money. Cabin crew pay serious attention to service, the aircraft are modern and well-equipped, and there is reasonable IFE, especially if you understand Mandarin. Their timetabling leaves some rather long stopovers in Guangzhou, but the airport staff do their best to make an often numbing experience more pleasant.

Date of travel: May 2016

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I took Chian Southern flight from Brisbane to London. During 9hr flight from Brisbane to Guangzhou and 12hr flights from Guangzhou to London, only 2 meals were given to the passengers without any snacks. How can you think to survive passengers by only 2 meals without any snacks in long international flight? This is completely inhumane and barbaric. While serving the second meal of London flight, I had given choice either beef with potato or fish with rice. I chose beef with potato. But cabin crew later informed me that there is no more meal beef with potato. I had no option to take fish with rice. The quality of the meal was absolutely below standard and the quantity was insufficient.

In the Guangzhou airport, there was not enough air-conditioning. I was suffocating and sweating during my entire transit in Guangzhou Airport.

1  Thank Tarique_aa
Reviewed 4 September 2016

Our second trip with this airline, we were extremely happy with the attitude of the flight attendants who looked after our every need.
Good food choices from a varied menu, served at logical times during the flight.

Date of travel: August 2016
1  Thank flexitdriver
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I will never fly with this airline again if possible. I underestand that there can be reasons why a flight is delayed but there was zero communication with the passengers( at least the english speaking passengers). The flight was delayed for 14 hours which made my reason for visiting Melbourne irrelevant- it took me hours to get my baggage back- trying now to get refund for flight and further expenses i lost. Keep away!!!

1  Thank Stanley K
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Flew China Southern for the first time today. Enjoyed the flight staff were friendly the flight left on time and service was efficient. Thank you China Southern Airlines! It's so nice to fly on time with no hassles and efficient service.

1  Thank Sharon K
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.