“Good tip”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 29 August 2017

If you are coming back home it is good to go to the Airport earlier than normal check in times.Get in the queue as soon as you get there.As you will be near the front you can pick your seats at check in.

Date of travel: December 2016
2  Thank travelingalesman

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I took several flights with China Southern, on my journey to SE Asia and back. I found the staff polite and attentive at all times and they assured me almost as soon as I got on the plane, that they had a gluten free meal for me. I am coeliac so this is really important.

The in-flight entertainment wasn't great, however - lots of American sitcoms and not much choice. Also, on every flight, my screen worked sporadically, as though the 'touch sensitive' function was a bit broken, so I would need to touch the screen several times, really hard, to get it to recognise that I was clicking on something.

Date of travel: August 2017
1  Thank vic_2017_1
Reviewed 29 August 2017

A nightmare of a flight. None of the cabin crew spoke English. When I tried to get my pre arranged diabetic meal I was given blank stares. Eventually the purser appeared who spoke perfect English and after I pointed out I had pre arranged a diabetic meal she disappeared and shortly appeared with my meal which had been given to another passenger in error and .who had started the meal. Needless to say I declined the meal. The second leg of the trip was uneventful. However the return trip into Guangzhou airport at 5am when only one coffee bar was open and charged £10 for a cup of coffee and £5 for a small bottle of water. Total rip-off. But As I have stated in this day and age you get what you pay for, even partly eaten food.

Date of travel: September 2016
1  Thank pembloger
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Despite the 20 minute delay, landed in Guangzhou on time, on board service exceptional as always. After eating in Vietnam for over a week, the on board meal was a tad bland but nonetheless just fine for a Chinese airline. After experiencing the service and flight disasters of Air China - CSA all the way.

Date of travel: August 2017
1  Thank Maorimars2014
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I took a chance and booked a flight because the price was so good. With that in mind, we expected just the basics. We were pleasantly surprised every step of the way. No extra charges for baggage. More room than on Qantas flight. Food served throughout flight, meals, and snacks. Friendly staff. The biggest surprise was our layover in Guangzhou. We thought we were spending 9 hours in the airport. Only to find out there was a complimentary room, with buffet breakfast and shuttle included. It was so nice to eat, shower and rest.

Date of travel: March 2017
3  Thank DebiP444
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.