“Shortcomings in delivering promised service...”
Review of Condor

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Since I live in Las Vegas and frequently head for Europe, Condor used to be the must choice. Frankly, I can't complain about the flight experience... It is a long flight and most flights tend to be fully booked. Meanwhile, top pilots and top-flight attendants try to make the experience as pleasant as possible. Smiles and patience are part of their skills in trade. However, my problem is more with the airlines back office organization. I had booked a flight-and-rail package and, during the reservation process which also included person-to-person calls, I had been assured that boarding tickets for both flight and rail would be provided at time of boarding, in fact, common sense, also the most logical place to provide such boarding rights. Nonetheless, when going through the flight check-in process in Las Vegas, the polite Condor employee didn't have a clue what I was talking about? Strange, to say the least. When I insisted on the rail portion of my reservation, I was finally introduced to the German supervisor on duty. The polite lady informed me that contrary to online and airline customer service promises, the rail portion ticket would be issued only upon arrival at the Frankfurt airport.

Arriving in Frankfurt, worn out by a missed night and a long 11-hour flight, the passenger was then challenged by finding an airport Condor office to as yet secure the paid train ticketing. I was not alone in facing this hurdle. After having recovered my suitcase, I first had to exit the airport, then re-enter it again. Following re-entry of the airport, climbing some stairs because escalators were not in service, dragging my suitcase and carry-on, I finally did find the Condor airport office. However, the next hurdle faced was a long waiting line... The line experience was German discipline, no exceptions made, also in my case where I had a rare train to catch. All kinds of people were in line with varying questions and varying time requirements. When finally I made it to the head of line, indeed, my problem was quickly resolved. But what a waste of time after a long, long flight. Moreover, I had the advantage of knowing German and the main layout of the airport. Just imagine arriving with small kids and not speaking the language... Condor, what a disappointment! Especially a German airline can be expected to do better in seamless service organization and to use the familiar bromide: customer-friendly service, first!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,976)

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Avoid this airline at all costs. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing most of the time, and are very very unorganized. They treat people with a rude attitude and a lot of disrespect. I will never go back to this airline ever again. It only took one round trip with Condor Airlines for me, and it will be my final one. Just because the prices are cheaper, does not mean it’s worth it. Please avoid this airline if you can, unless you like to be barked at by the employees at the front desk at your gate (especially in Frankfurt).

Seriously good luck if you have to deal with the Condor Airlines in Frankfurt. When I went with my family, they yelled at every passenger at the gate for being too slow walking up to the desk to get their boarding passes checked.
One of the employees yelled at my family once we got to the desk and told us that we should all deal with her separately and not as a group; and then questioned us on our vacation which was not necessary. (We went to Spain for our vacation and unfortunately had to have a connection flight in Frankfurt.) Then once she scanned our tickets they wouldn’t go through, so she sent us to another desk to “figure it out”. Even though she just had printed us our boarding passes and the ones she printed were the ones that didn’t work.
Sorry for writing a lot this airline made me very upset and uncomfortable. Basically: just avoid this airline!!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Do not fly economy with Condor. The seats are so small that the flight is almost torture. The service during the flight was sad indeed. The food was bad at best. Worst of all, our flight was delayed and we missed our connecting flight. We were told that someone would meet us at the airport in Frankfurt to make arrangements for us. No one was there. That part of the airport was deserted and it took us hours to go through security checks, and walking for miles until we finally found a Condor booth in the airport. Several elderly passengers had requested assistance because they had difficulty walking, none was provided. All in all, do not fly Condor.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
1  Thank 993sabine
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This is an airline that really doesn't care much at all about customer service, even in business class . If you're a leisure traveler who is fine with an inexpensive very no frills experience, it *may* be ok but you will be trying your luck. For others you should avoid this airline and its terrible customer service reps, lousy entertainment options and underwhelming stewards. Tried for 2 straight days to get a change to my itinerary. When they do actually answer their phone (which they charge for!) they connected me to a "business class representative" who clearly had no idea what they were talking about and then hung up under the guise of getting me to someone who could help me. Got through to one person who was sort of helpful and then another transfer which ended up in a dropped call. Many attempts later CS rep insisted that I actually booked through a travel agent when I didn't. And on and on and on. Only thing preventing me from giving this one star is surprisingly good food and drink in business class.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Just an ok flight with ok facilities at an ok price. Very little leg room and hardly enough to comfortably lower the refreshments tray.