“Poor service, uncomfortable flight”
Review of Condor

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Condor has taken it to a new low, charging for movies, no choice in meals (an all carb dinner truly bad even by airline standards), a seat that did not decline at all, and they ran out of pillows and blankets, no amenities such as earplugs provided, and incessant announcements and hawking merchandise all night. I take 3 to 4 transatlantic flights a year, this was one of the worst ever.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,968)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrible airline. It took them over an hour to board everyone. They drove us out to the plane and then left us on the shuttle bus for 20 minutes. Completely unorganized. Rude flight attendants, lack of working facilities and no credit card machines. Never again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was not expecting much for the cheap deal - and the good news: the flight was only delayed by roundabout 30 mins...Apart from that, a pretty uncomfortable flight without anything you would get on a "normal" flight. Entertainment? Not really. Friendliness...not much...For a 11h flight...too much...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have travelled on every other airline in Europe and this has been definately the worst experience I have had. The service was way below the lowest you can expect.
We had premium class, but this was no help and made no diference. It was expensive yes, but definately not worth it whatsoever. This was specially a bigger disappointment being on our honeymoon. Specifics: the staff was rude talking and not friendly at all, when asked for water during the flight they said ” I will bring you this time, but next time get up and get it yourself” they are clearly not happy with their job and it shows. We met some people who flew with the same and we are clearly not alone in this opinion, this airline is even lower customer care grade than easyjet or ryanair. I will avoid this and will warn everyone I know about the poorest service in the airline world.

1  Thank 781anninak
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The beginning of this review is based on our flight Sept. 9, 2018 from Seattle to Frankfurt, and it’s updated with comments from our return flight on Sept. 30th. We previously have flown business class on Cathay Pacific and Emirates using Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles, so we have experienced a far superior product than this Condor flight. However, Condor is a much lower cost airline and the product reflects that. The experience we had was more comfortable than if we had flown economy—the seat area was more spacious (though not the seat) and the fact that we could have our legs propped up and well reclined (but NOT flat) without inconveniencing anyone else was a benefit. There were, however, a number things that made the experience less than ideal, including:
1 – The PA system was virtually impossible to hear, and when one had on earbuds/sets to listen to the in-flight entertainment, the announcements didn’t come over the headset. What’s with that?
2 – The teeny tiny touch pad on the small, wired remote control for your entertainment system was really, really hard to operate, not impossible, but very difficult. The touch panel screen didn’t operate the scrolling and paging at all well, either, often causing erratic results.
3- There is precious little storage space around the seat, and the overhead space was barely large enough for our carry-on suitcase. The 767 is configured with less overhead carrying capacity than an Alaska Airlines 737. This is ridiculous for an international flight.
4 – There is airflow from above the seat that comes from a railing that runs the length of the seating section, and it couldn’t be controlled from the seat. This made for some uncomfortably chilly times.
5 – The tenderloin of beef was more like pot roast than steak and the meager single scallop and small, dry lone shrimp weren’t very appetizing. The wine offerings weren’t as extensive or varied as I’d expected either.
6 – The seat was much narrower than I expected for Business Class; it’s basically an economy seat that extends. Upon reclining, the footrest put your feet into a very confined area carved out of the back of the seat in front of you. I didn’t experience any leg issues, but my feet definitely had seen far more comfortable arrangements, and the confinement encouraged me to reduce the elevation of my legs. This isn’t a good thing for one's circulation on long flights. The seat is also not as cushioned as I’d expect for business class. This made the approximately 10 hr. flight much less comfortable than we expected or wanted.
7 – The entertainment system has a moderately large set of musical options, but the means of viewing and selecting one’s choices is not convenient, especially given the touch screen and touch pad deficiencies cited in #2 above. My wife had pre-loaded movies on her iPad, so she didn’t care that the movies were old and not very interesting to her.
Would we choose Condor again for flights to Europe from LA(X), not so sure. Probably would look for an award seat on a different airline. Price-wise, the less than $2100 RT compares pretty darned favorably with the over $10000 for a Lufthansa/United business class option. One can do a lot more traveling with that extra $8k in your pocket! Also, if you’re an Alaska Airlines frequent flyer, Condor’s partnership entitles you to a big boost in mileage towards your elite status.
UPDATE: we flew the homeward flight from Frankfurt to Seattle, and here’s some additional observations.
8 – The veal dinner we were offered was just excellent.
9 – The flight left Frankfurt about 2:30 PM and landed in Seattle about 4 PM, and we not only got a dinner meal about 2 hours into the flight but also a small offering of macaroni or chicken with rice about 1.5 hours before landing in Seattle. This seemed a reasonable (if pretty limited) pairing of food offerings given the local time at each end of the flight.
My conclusion, we will probably not fly Condor again because of the tight, uncomfortable seats and very deficient entertainment system. The service and food are good but do not overcome the negatives. However, that boost of 30,000 FF miles looks pretty good on our Alaska account!
My separate ratings on the seating, legroom, etc. are based on my expectations for business class accommodation and compared to my experience on Cathay and Emirates business class.