“Impressed. Full service airline for a good price”
Review of Copa Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Never having flown with them I was a bit apprehensive, but with no need .

A long flight on a 737 was made better by two free meals and reasonable legroom and free wine.

Check in was prompt and efficient. Boarding was a nightmare, but remember they don't queue in Sth America, they form a scrum. Not the fault of the airline.

1  Thank rama1
Write a ReviewReviews (9,654)

Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

Frankly I wasn’t so sure of what to expect but, a part for a very cold cabin and not blankets available it wasn’t too bad. Airline staff were smiley and friendly the food however (nevertheless the flight was less than 90 minutes) was rather...erm...not good to say the least. They do not offer champagne but Cava. It was ok for a short flight.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

As an American who travels I have become use to our airlines charging you extra for everything. Copa is a budget priced airline which gives you meals and wine for Free. They treat you like a human, not cattle, yet there flights are full. Their planes are mostly 737's with TV screens in every seat allowing you to watch a movie, play games, watch TV or follow your trip. I wish American Airline Companies would take a page out of Copa's book and start treating passengers like Copa.

3  Thank PackRatiam
Reviewed 13 February 2019

excellent service at a very good price, I highly recommend Copa Airlines. We flew from Montevideo to Los Angeles with a stop of 1 hour 45 minutes in Panama City. The entire trip was really good.

Date of travel: March 2018
3  Thank Silvina D
Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

The service in SFO was good, we received the seats we had reserved, boarding was on time but then we waited for approximately 20 minutes while the ground crew did maintenance, hmmm. Flight was fine for an overnight flight. Crew were professional.
The return flight from Panama was different. We arrived over 3 hours before the flight and they had given our reserved seats away so we were given seats several rows apart in the center seat at the back. My husband is a Type 1 diabetic. They made the passengers go through a second security before boarding - wanted me to give up my husband’s water we had purchased after the 1st security but it’s a good thing I demanded to keep it because he would have been dehydrated and had medical problems because they didn’t bring water around for quite a while. I had informed the flight attendant of his condition and they were able to reseat me by my husband, in the back of the plane. Flight attendants brought out dinner but never returned to pick up trays so we had to bring them to the back where they were visiting with passengers. With the party going on in the kitchen area and the continuous line for the bathrooms, it was a very busy plane. Several times the pilot advised everyone to return to their seats and to fasten seatbelts (flight was a little rough) but the party continued in the back. Very unprofessional!
My daughter and son-in-law had traveled to Panama with us but planned to go home a week later. She had an accident, ripping her big toenail out and wanted to go home early but she would have to practically pay for new round-trip tickets to change.
My recommendation is, if you can use a different airline do it. Read ALL the small print and buy trip insurance.

1  Thank Salienan