“Professional and affordable!”
Review of Croatia Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I flew with Croatia airlines from Rome to Split and found them to be very professional, polite and welcoming to their passengers. The flight attendants ensured everyone on board was offered snacks and drinks at no charge and service was prompt and efficient. My flight was delayed due to reasons beyond Croatia airlines control (strikes in Rome) and they were absolutely accommodating and understanding of travellers frustration and made every effort to ensure passenger satisfaction. I was apprehensive about flying with Croatia initially but after my experiences I will definitely be using them again!

1  Thank hannahaikman

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I pulled a funny face when we saw which plane we would be boarding. Must say that we both fly a lot for business and pleasure however not fans of flying lol ... so when we boarded the small propeller plane we were a bit worried.

Taking off seemed to be hard work (lol) however the whole cruising was very smooth. Only downside was the level of noise in the cabin. We were at the front in the business class seats (not worth it unless you are hungry and have super long legs) so noise was slightly less but passengers seated at or after propellers level must have had headaches.

The crew itself was super and very friendly. No need to say we were not so worried on the return flight :-)

Croatian airlines are super!

2  Thank Lydia M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

At check-in the business check-in line was filled with people checking in for economy as well. When I asked the Business class check-in counter to accomodate us, they did and moved us to the front of the line and checked us in after two other groups.
Main Reason for Complaint:
Checked baggage, two arrived in Split, one did not. My bag is well identified with Star Alliance Gold Baggage Tags, Priority Tag for the flight and barcoded baggage from the airline. My bag did not arrive with the flight, that happens sometimes, I travel frequently and it's par for the course. But the fact that in now over a week there has been NO follow, up, I have been told the bag is "lost" (bags don't get lost anymore, they are either stolen or temporarily misplaced)... Croatia Airlines is supposed to be a StarAlliance member, I have seen no evidence of that in the complete lack of response and lack of professional service.
Flight attendant was great, otherwise, third rate service. An Airline's job is to get passengers and bags there safely, they failed at one of these.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Croatia Airlines is to be avoided and if you fly business don’t bother booking it as there is no distinction or preference given to premium passengers. They’re continually late and deliver a really average on board and check-in service.

It’s as though they’re still working in a communist relic and have little interest in doing a good job. They’re part of the Star Alliance network and code share with Lufthansa which only has the effect of negatively impacting Lufthansa’s brand value.

They need to be taken over by a western airline and provided with the proper investment to bring it up to par. At the moment its government owned and just serves as a ‘piggy-bank’ for vested political interests. Air Serbia was just as bad, if not a little worse, until it was taken over by Etihad Airlines.

This, for the avoidance of doubt, is not just a review of one service incident. I have been flying with them for four years because I’ve been sadly spending a lot of time in Zagreb for work.

1  Thank MOLC6200
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After online check-in and early arrival to airport Arlanda, Sweden, we were not offered an option of baggage drop off servise prior flight to Zagreb, Croatia.
That caused wasting of our time in the line for check-in just to drop the luggage off. Senseless!
There was no explanation for that situation.