“Relaxed way to travel between New Orleans and London”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I added an extra day in New Orleans to a Deep South tour. I waved off the main group at 10.30 to catch Delta flights to Atlanta and on to UK airports. I waved off a smaller group at 18.00 for a direct BA flight to London.

The next day I left the hotel at 08.30 to catch the 11.35 to New York (JFK). A 2+ hour stopover found me on the 18.00 to London. I think I got the best deal. The direct flight more or less over flies New York so I added maybe 3 hours to my journey. In exchange

1. I was not hanging around all day in a hot humid New Orleans or a hotel lobby
2. I was not cooped up on a plane for 8-9 hours
3. I had a comfortable flight on a 2 seats aside plane to Kennedy
4. I had a nice leg stretch and snack in JFK
5. My final flight was on an Airbus operated by partner airline Virgin Atlantic with Emirates (my favourite airline) level of comfort.
6. Favourable winds meant just 5.5 hours in the air
7. A landing just after 06.00 gave me a quick traverse through baggage reclaim and customs and easy onward journey before the rush hour.

The combination of easy boarding, without massive security queues (lines for USA readers!), at Louis Armstrong airport, baggage taken care of in New York and a short hop to London all contributed to one of the most pleasant air journeys I have experienced. Cabin crew were charming on both flights.

Well done Delta and their partner airline Virgin Atlantic!

Write a ReviewReviews (33,473)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Delta is usually my airlines of choice. The route I recently flew Orlando to Salt Lake City is non stop. Therefore it is the best choice for this route. The Salt Lake Airport is easy to navigate so this is also I good airport for western connections. My only complaint is that checked baggage is not included. I would prefer to pay more and just have it included. However, my Delta American Express card just changed to Gold, so going forward,
one bag per person us included. I fly often, and Delta is my first choice for an airline.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We took a red eye flight as the first leg of our journey home. I’m glad I added an extra day off because we spent a VERY long lay over at the fault of the airline.
We arrived Atlanta at 0530 and had a connecting flight to hom at 1030. We went to the gate to rest and wait. The gate changed 20 gates and we needed a wheelchair for my husband so the airlines got one for him. Then the gate changed again about 1/2 an hour before departure. This time though it was in a different section of the terminal- essentially the opposite end of the airport. We requested transport immediately- none came. We missed our flight
We never got a flight till 3PM

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our first leg of our trip was delayed during to weather and mechanical issues. The flight crew did a good job keeping us updated, although it usually was not happy news they were giving us. They were very apologetic. With the delays we missed our next flight. By the time we landed the app had notified what we were rebooked for another flight the following morning. Delta customer service helped with providing a hotel, transportation and vouchers for meals. Although it was not an ideal situation, they were very helpful and friendly during the whole process which helped with the stress of traveling with children.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family of 5 had return flights from LA to Minneapolis and Minneapolis to Charlotte in economy. The first leg they assigned us all middle seats. Had to go up to the gate and request seats together. They were able to give us 2 & 2 together which was great as it was an almost fully booked plane. The second leg we were able to sit all in a row together. Staff was nice, was a normal flight. Nothing special or to report.