“Brilliant bag drop system and new aircraft”
Review of easyJet

Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

Normally use another budget airline who’s planes are normally red and silver who has a number two in the name.... I thought a change would be nice so chose easyJet and they were fantastic. The electronic bag drop system is great, the aircraft we went on was literally new, the staff are smart and very good. On an hour flight they did everything spot I. but didn’t look rushed. I liked them that much that I have just booked with them again!!!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (40,474)

Reviewed 18 November 2018

Booking on line and obtaining of boarding cards was easy.
As I didn’t pay extra and reserve seats. These were then pre allocated, I would like to have had the chance to change them.
There could have been more help at the bag drop, as I would have been happy to have added hand baggage to the hold.
Boarding was very poor. We were called forward and there was an announcement which lots of people did not hear, to say they were boarding from the front and the back.
This meant that people were pushing to get past each other to find their seats, very uncomfortable.
I feel along with other airlines that Easy Jet has pushed profit first and customers second by making hold luggage so expensive that more and more people take hand luggage which they don’t have room for in the overhead lockers.
The crew were very good and the Captain kept us well informed.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

EasyJet used to be budget with a low level of service, now it’s not not cheap and still offers a low level of service.
Our flight was diverted to Aberdeen as could not land due to fog in Inverness and then the airline let people get off in Aberdeen delaying us further in Inverness. Upon trying again we once again failed and ended up heading back to Aberdeen until we were informed that Operations had sent us to Glasgow! This clearly suited the airline and no passengers or crew as we now landed 5 hours late 200 miles from our destination! No information was given apart from a bus would come soon! No idea when, so we ended up with no choice but to hire a car and make our own way! We were not given any drinks or food all day. We eventually arrived 10 hours late and out of pocket due to car hire! No news from anyone. A joke!
You would only fly EasyJet due to it being cheap, but it rarely is cheap now! They need to simply make it cheaper and then you accept rubbish service or make it better! The choice is EasyJet!

3  Thank grahamb611
Reviewed 18 November 2018

I wanted to go to Cyprus to visit Family I chose easy jet the flights was fro a local airport and the destination was very close to where i was going .Flight on time ,Plane was clean ,plenty of legroom,and staff very friendly.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

I've travelled using easyJet many times before, on its domestic route between Aberdeen and Luton. At that point easyJet used Boeing 737-700 aircraft. The fleet now consists solely of Airbus 319 aircraft, which have adequate seat pitch for a flight of 3 hours.
Check-in is now non existent at Gatwick and, therefore, getting your checked-in luggage to the conveyor belt, involves using a self service machine - walk up to a machine and follow the reasonably clear instructions of how to get a luggage label on your suitcase and taken by the conveyor belt. There are a few staff to help if you have problems!
After security (which had its own set of issues!) I grabbed my lunch and a few things for the flight. Naturally, I had a cabin bag and totally expected to be able to take my "cabin bag" on the aircraft. 50 minutes before due departure I went to the gate (110). On arrival at the gate, about 10 minutes later, I grabbed a coffee and bun from Pret, before proceeding to the actual gate. Upon arrival, I was met with the normal queue, which one would expect, except that there was an easyJet staff member, telling people that their cabin bags would not fit in the aircraft lockers and would have to go in the hold. This applied to everyone! It became very apparent that many people want to pay for two bags of cabin baggage and, therefore, space is quickly taken up by those people and forces everyone else to depart with their cabin bags at the gate. Not great. Not impressive. Especially when you have a number of items, as well as your lunch to carry on and realise you now won't have anything to carry it in! So I carried all these items on loose - most difficult when you have to present your boarding pass and passport at the same time. My suggestion, if easyJet is resorting to this policy, is that everyone with a cabin bag, should carry a supermarket carrier bag, in case they make you part with you cabin bag. The easyJet member had no regard for whether anyone had anything necessary in their bags for the flight, such as medication.
Thankfully, at Sofia, I was through the whole airport and into a taxi in just 9 minutes! This was because I know the ropes there now and very luckily, both my checked bag and cabin bag were one of the first bags to appear on the conveyor belt and arrived together!
As for the in flight experience, the service from the crew is fine, but the food is way over priced and poor quality, hence I buy my own food and drink, preferring a Boots Meal Deal.
The return journey, a week later, proved similar, except the staff did not demand that cabin bags were given up, but, instead, asked politely if you would volunteer.
I'm in two minds, as to whether to continue to use easyJet, as although their prices are a little cheaper than mainstream airlines, they don't offer the same level of "non hassle" service.
Both flights left a little late, but both boarded in a timely manner.