“Special assistance”
Review of easyJet

Reviewed 5 August 2022

Had to book special assistance after an accident on holiday. There is a long walk from the airport entrance to the EasyJet desks, and after a rather chaotic start (the airport was extremely busy) I was incredibly well looked after. The staff were all so helpful. On arrival at Edinburgh, again excellent service, sailed through passports and was delivered to a coffee shop where I waited for my next part of the journey. The assistant carried my luggage to my table and made sure I was comfortable before leaving me. Thank you, EasyJet, highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 August 2022

Outbound flight was fantastic, great service, good crew albeit delayed.

Return however completely different. Crew completed one drinks service for a 4.5 hour flight. When the service came around not hot food, they had to offer porridge. Cold snacks were out of stock after the first 4 rows and not to be offered another drink for almost 3.5 hours was hard for our young children.

Female captain with blonde hair spent more time in the galley talking to the crew and having coffee than she did in the flight deck, leaving the FO in their on her own. No crew member went into the flight deck to support the FO which to me is very strange. Timed her second visit to the galley and she was there for over 15 minutes, the took a toilet break and then finally returned to the flight deck.

Crew then started to heat up and eat what can only be described as the meals they advised were out of stock. At first you think they could be what they brought from home but no, they were wrapped and were the spitting image of the food we had on the way out.

Really disappointing return flight.

Reviewed 3 August 2022

I booked and payed Plaza Premium at Gatwick through EasyJet app. I didnt get and confirmation or voucher. I called EasyJet phone number and what happend is HORROR. I got a guy, who didnt speak English AT ALL. At all. Didn't understand a thing and when I asked to speak to an Engligh speaking person..he HUNG up on me. That is no way to treat customers. Wrote to many emails, social media. Nobody assisted me. Plaza Premium said they can not help. Like really? You work with them and you can not help? They are both terrible. Probably will not get refunded as they just dont care. So switching to British air after all my payed bookings run out.

Reviewed 3 August 2022

The issue that I have experienced was:
We were flying to Alicante on the 22/05/2022 at 06:25 via Gatwick, just about to leave the house at 01:00 for a 1hr 45min drive and noticed that easyJet had cancelled our flight.
At this short notice we decided on the 08:25 flight, when we got to baggage drop location it was total chaos, this is obviously because of the automated system that nobody knows how to use.
People were being taken out of the queue and going ahead of others because they would have missed their flights, joke of a system.
Alicante on the other hand used real people and the queue was minimal, no brainer really!
Our new allocated seats were 31A, 31B and 31C.
We eventually got on our flight then realised we didn't even have a row to find never mind a seat to sit in, so unprofessional!

This meant that my party of three were stood at the rear of the plane with nowhere to sit, never been so embarrassed in my life, not to mention anxious and apologetic to other passengers for holding up an already delayed flight.
All the steward said was, sorry sir but there's only 30 rows on this flight, if we hadn't already had bags in the hold we would have left the aircraft.
The cancellation and the non existent seats basically ruined our long awaited holiday.

Date of travel: May 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 3 August 2022

DONT EVER FLY EASYJET AGAIN - PLEASE BOYCOTT THE AIRLINE -Confusing Flight number: My flight number provided by Trip.com for this airline is U23825 (now I know flight number should only contain 4 digits). Is it a cheating??

-They never refund: I paid for everything but they never refund my ticket though it is their fault to cancel the flight and I follow the link in Manage booking to request for refund due to cancellation.

-They tell lies: When I checked Manage Booking on their website, it says the flight was cancelled (without any notification, SMS, email or whatever). I had to book for new ticket immediately + train tickets at last minute as I need to travel back no matter what and of course very high price plus a lot of other costs for layover (all flights and trains are fully booked, I had to wait to catch next trips).

-They are not ethical: Complaint and compensation claim: They told me the flight was cancelled 14 days before my departure but that is not correct. 8 days in advance I still see my booking and no cancellation.

-Their website is stupid: Link around and no contact information can be found (or not easily) and claim form has no room for attachment and text to provide evidences and information from customers. It is actually a FAKE website to me as it does not actually function

-No Support available: Paid for everything extra but no admin support, only respond automatically through a noreply email so it is not an interactive communication with customers.

-Most expensive airline: You paid one dollar but it costs yourself 1,000 dollars plus to correct your plan affected by their cancellation. I don't count other costs, my time, my salary (as I had to take off from work due to flight delays/cancellation), miss my big concert the next day, my family miss 2 camping days, extra costs for sleep in and meals during layovers and no compensation for metal trauma we have to face.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Date of travel: July 2022
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.