“Certainly better than any U.S. Airline for a long haul”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I had no complaints about my recent, long, trip on Etihad. It wasn't as nice as trips I've taken on Emirates, but the planes were still relatively new and clean, and the service was good. The entertainment selection was also good. I'd absolutely fly Etihad again.

1  Thank 994ariellet
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and see you soon again Arielle *Dino

Write a ReviewReviews (10,034)

Reviewed 21 August 2017

After our experiences of In'tal Isles in the Comoros Islands it was wonderful to find that check in and customs can be so effortless. The business lounge was comfortable and the food, drinks and service all perfect. We had very good flights with Etihad business class from Dar es Salaam to Abu Dhabi and then Abu Dhabi- Hong Kong. All the cabin crew looked after us so well, a special mention for Lucia on the flight from Dar es Salaam, she was wonderful, caring and saw to our every need. We look forward to flying with this super airline again soon.

1  Thank marciath

Happy to hear this, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Your comfort, safety and happiness on board are our most import goal. So we love to hear your message, thank you again! :) We hope you will fly with us again in the future, have a great day *Dino

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Etihad airlines experience was not a very good experience. At check in itself strictness regarding hand bag size and weight is a torment on a traveler. They just don't relent. And not very courteous too.

1  Thank Rajbha

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on Social Media. Please let us know on our Social Media channels if there is anything we can assist you with or if you have any questions. Thank you *Dino

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Returned from a holiday traveled First Class return Australia to Europe on an A380, the inflight service was excellent & i would have recommended it to anyone, but once we returned home i noticed that my 2 new suitcases were very badly damaged & one was bent to such an extent that it will not close properly. I contacted Etihad & spoke to someone that referred me to their baggage claims dept, i sent them an email with photo's & invoice confirming the cost of the cases, boarding passes & copy of passport as requested, i waited for a week & still no reply, after sending a second email i received an email stating that they viewed my complaint & did not except any liability, I then sent another email requesting they to review my claim, received a second response with the same reply advising that as far as they are concerned the matter was closed!! I was stunned with this lack of service & the fact that i was in first class made NO difference. Very disappointing, doubt i will fly with them again, Singapore Airlines a far superior with customer service & Etihad could learn a thing or two from them.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hello Adam, we are sorry to hear this. Please send us your details and case reference number to socialmedia@Etihad.ae and we will look into this for you. *Ela

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The in flight service was really bad...the button to call the air hostesses is just for show...no one will come to attend you..if you are traveling with a kid, please pack snack for your kid...they seem to have a big problem in serving snacks!! I requested snacks for my five year old and one air hostess said they cannot give now and will be serving lunch shortly...and the lunch was served after 30 minutes..I had even told her that my little one had not eaten breakfast in the flight as she was asleep.
Another thing I would like to point out is that I had chosen non veg meal and I was served paneer for both the meals..I was told that I had no option to select the food...had to eat only veg both the times...and also desert wasn't served for all along with the meal..only some were given desert along with their food!!!
Really bad service.
I used to travel in Qatar airways usually and this time just thought of trying out ethihad...bad decision...Qatar airways is far far far better than this.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hello Shilpa, please forward your details including booking number to SocialMedia@etihad.ae and we will check what went wrong regarding your special meal booking. Thank you. *Ela