“Most incompetent boarding crew ever !”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 16 October 2017

During this flight I had no check-in baggage. During boarding in Abu Dhabi my hand luggage was taken from me by the cabin crew due to lack of space in passengers compartment. When luggage was confiscated in Abu Dhabi I was not provided with any luggage-ticket (!).
I did not know if the bag will land in main trunk or maybe the crew will manage to compact it somewhere in passengers compartments. Only information that I was discarded by the crew was negligible "you will find your bag after landing".

After landing I approached again one crew member and asked him about my bag. He instructed me to proceed to the airport "and I will find it on the belt".

I was transferring in Minsk - and there is no belt for transferring baggage. Airport staff was helpless as well.

Eventually I received my baggage after two days in my destination airport after frantic private phone investigation at airlines and airports (important documents inside).

The issue was created by negligence of Etihad staff consisting either of following:
- assuming that there are no transfer passenger and sending all collected bags to final belt.
- not providing any receipt for collected baggage.
- taking no action in request to return of find missing baggage.

I cannot imagine how "professional" airline as Etihad allow for such simple mistakes of the crew, eventually resulting traumatic experience of passengers.

Additionally speakers in my seat was not working and I did not receive any reply from airline after complaining.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hi Piotr M,

Could you send us your case number in a private message so we can have a look on it and get back to you? *Sky

Write a ReviewReviews (10,962)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Worst Airline world wide, I booked a flight from Beirut to Sydney return then one day before departure date, I went to hospital due heart problem and I provide them with medical certificate, I contact them due my situation to cancel my flight , flight been cancelled my I got nothing refunded from $1650 , they state as my ticket is non- refundable. same thing happened to me a year ago with emirates airline without medical problem , I cancelled my flight and it was non refundable but I received more than half of what I paid for my ticket. NEVER AGAIN ON ETIHAD .

Hi Harry H,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
If you would like us to further investigate this for you, we would kindly ask you to send us your email address, booking reference or ticket number and full name in a private message so that we can create a case for you. We will look into what happened and see if anything else can be done. Thank you. *Sky

MAN-AUH-BNE (EY16/EY484).
MAN-AUH in a "dated" 773. Check in at MAN slow as many passengers were travelling with "several" bags plus a lot of "carry on" was being physically checked for weight & size. Uncomfortable seat with legroom, IFE & food just average - no idea what was on offer foodwise until given choice by flight attendant - and for 2nd meal there was no choice.
Even though in transit at AUH there were still 2 security checks - 1 whilst transferring between arrival and departure areas and another at the actual gate.
AUH-BNE in a relatively recent 787 but again the comments re legroom, seat and food still applicable although screen for IFE on 787 a vast improvement on 777.
Will not be considering Etihad for future travel.

Hi Peter H,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It's disappointing to hear you were not pleased with the overall experience with us.
If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you. *Sky

Reviewed 15 October 2017

My wife and I had another excellent flight, this time from Moscow to Abu Dhabi.
Boarding went very well, flight was on time, and flight very comfortable. Food and drinks very nice, cabin crew excellent.
Deboarding at Abu Dhabi was fast and efficient.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you for sharing your experience here with us, it's great to read you enjoyed your flight from Moscow! We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon! *Max

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Travelled on mixed classes, business one way, economy the other. Both were okay, but nothing special. The business class on the older planes is a bit dated and shabby. Almost wondered if it was worth the extra money. The economy was ordinary, but there was no noticeable difference in the quality of service or staff willingness to assist between the two cabins. Both cabins had excellent staff. The food in business was very disappointing, and was not really any different to that in economy. The TV screens were bigger with more choices, but that was about it really.

Hi judysam2016,
Thank you for your review. We regret we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We hope we can take you again with us and we can make you change your mind. *Sky