“Poor punctuality”
Review of Eurowings

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew twice with Eurowings, first time London Heathrow to Hamburg, then Munich to London Stanstead. Both flights were about 20 mins late for takeoff and up to 45 minutes late for boarding. Not the end of the world, but it is worrying that Eurowings has consistently poor punctuality, particularly for a German carrier.

Once on the flights I was content with the overall experience for the price I paid, I am quite tall (195 cm) and booked the exit row both times. There was plenty of leg space and the seat was comfortable. The staff were polite and helpful and spoke both English and Deutsch. However, the wifi did not work and the snacks and drink on offer were not very nice. Also a warning that the flight attendants were actually checking the weight of some of the larger carry on bags so make sure yours are below the maximum carry on weight if you don't want to cop an additional charge.

In future, I would probably pay a bit more for the reliability and punctuality of a name brand airline. But if you are on a budget, have only a small amount of luggage, and are willing to risk some flight delays then Eurowings might be an ok choice.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank Tom R
Write a ReviewReviews (6,169)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Older propeller planes used from Stutgart-Dusseldorf-Birmingham, gave me tinnitus for 24hours. Will avoid them in future.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Once more travelling for business means to get somewhere when you need, this was the situation for me when I've been flying to Koln/Cologne.
I've got booked on an Eurowings flight - so here is my experience:
Check in - was fairly easy and also boarding went very smooth- automated no queue up and other usual things.
Departure - arrival - was on time , nothing special on this aspect.
Aircraft - fairly new, looking good and overall clean - nothing special hence the average score on the cleanliness aspect.
Legroom was average but since I've picked the aisle seat it was not so problematic.
In terms of flight attendants , they were nice and polite , very good job from their side, really nothing to complain on this aspects.
In terms of refreshment - I do not know , I slept from the moment they announced "boarding complete" till we landed in Koln.
Luggage arrived intact - so once more nothing to report on this aspect.
They are member of star alliance so you can get some miles on your flight too.
Overall I would say it was a good experience and I recommend this airline.

1  Thank Tiberiu_Baranyi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stick with the name brand airlines - you’ll pay more but you’ll actually get something in return. I was appalled at Eurowings handling of scheduled flight 526 October 14 from Cologne to Barcelona. I booked this flight for 525 PM so as to have plenty of time before my Noon departure from Barcelona the following day. I booked a hotel and was looking forward to dinner with my daughter upon arrival in Barcelona. Instead I was left to scurry around without any assistance to find an alternative way to return to the United States. Eurowings delayed the flight three times, which was frustrating enough, but then 30 minutes after all passengers had boarded the aircraft Eurowings decided to cancel the flight and require everyone to de-plane. No agents were available at the boarding (or de-boarding) areas to provide direction on retrieving luggage or re-booking to make connecting flights. Worse yet Eurowings appeared to have shut down their website so that no one could book the following morning flight online. Instead all of the passengers from a completely full flight stood in a line (once we found the two lonely agents) that was still more than 30 people long when I left it at 10 pm. Retrieving baggage was no better -personnel there thought bags were coming, but then that was delayed. And there does not appear to be any means to demand a refund or make a claim for damages other than a customer service phone line that places you on interminable hold. Awful experience with this company. They should be ashamed of the shoddy way they handled this situation. I got home but only by being very creative - training to Frankfurt and flying direct to the states from there at significant expense (but still less expensive than the $3000 cost to fly direct out of Cologne). I’ll never fly Eurowings again and I will tell everyone I know to avoid your company. Don’t spoil your vacation or your business trip - buy your tickets from companies who care about the customer experience.

1  Thank ReallyMeC
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On February 27, 2018, I needed to travel from Madrid to Vienna, and the airline was unable to provide a boarding pass based on the ticket I bought on January 30. In the counter in Barajas, they had a problem with my reservation, and I was literally forced to buy a new one. As soon as I arrived in Vienna, I claimed the refund through the travel agency that sold me the ticket, since in the Eurowings' site it is impossible to find a link to claim it directly. As of today, I haven't heard anything from this issue, and my money never was paid.

1  Thank Damelys