“Very pleasant flight”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked a return flight from Johannesburg to Rome via Madrid well in advance and got an excellent (cheap) fare. Due to us booking so far in advance, about 5 months before our trip the return flight departing on Friday was cancelled and moved by the airline to one day earlier (Thursday). As we had already booked and paid for a hotel in our departure city of Rome I contacted the airline and they were quite happy to change our flight (at no extra charge) to depart on the Saturday instead, thereby giving us one extra night in Rome. The flight change was handled by the Iberia staff at their call center with no stress, they were co-operative and very polite. For this reason alone I would be happy to book with Iberia again...

The Iberia flight itself via Madrid was lovely, no hiccups, very pleasant staff, no issues. Madrid Barajas airport is huge but easy to navigate with clear overhead signs and directions to get from one section to the other.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (11,478)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of 5 arrived at terminal 3 at around 5:00 AM to give us sufficient time for check in and security check. There was already a long line of travelers at the "British Airways" (BA) counter. The BA flight was leaving for Barcelona at the same time as our ticket. There was no one manning the Information Desk to address my query. I was concerned not seeing any IBERIA flight at the electronic monitor, not realizing that BA services IBERIA bookings too- which was clarified much later. The electronic ticket issued should have manifested that. Our electronic tickets required for the printing of the boarding passes at the check-in kiosks, but apparently none of the kiosks were working. The other passengers in the long queue could not also address my query if BA flight as seen on the monitor would also accommodate our IBERIA electronic tickets. We took our chance to line up for 45 minutes in that line heading for Barcelona. It was to our dismay to be told by the staff at the counter that the airline has overbooked by 10%, and we were told to approach a certain counter at 6:50 to find out if we would be accommodated or not. I was quite disappointed to be given that advice considering there was a still a long line after us. How come we were chosen to be excluded from the processing, and not those at the last end of the line? We were given breakfast coupons to be redeemed at cafes on the 2nd floor. Carrying our heavy and big pieces of luggage through the escalator, we reached the 2nd floor to be shooed away rudely by an airport staff, stating that we should be checked in first. I was explaining to him that we were not accommodated yet as flight was overbooked. He did not want us to use the coffee shop. I was on the verge of losing my temper for his rudeness. We did not have to be further aggravated by his demeanor. We went down to the designated counter where to follow up on our status. There were other 2-3 other equally upset families not accommodated too. When it was my turn to talk to the staff, I kindly implored from the staff that our family could not miss this flight, nor we would allow ourselves to be split up on separate flights. We prepared well for this trip and it was not going to be ruined by the airline's fault. I have hotel booking in Barcelona and confirmed tours (2) upon our arrival. The flight was leaving at 7:40 and it was already 7:00 then. For some twist of luck, we were chosen and given boarding passes, leaving the other 3 families behind. We had to literally run to have security processed, and head to the gate which was quite a distance. I was thankful and at the same time so stressed out. It was the beginning of our Western Europe tour and the experience was not really that pleasant. The staff during the flight were all nice. I especially commend the counter staff who issued our boarding passes despite the stressful situation.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently I flew madrid to Dublin with Iberia Express. I was a little concerned about checking in online, their check-in opens only 2 days, to 3 hours before the flight. its was painless, the ATM type machine had all the details and in any language. The staff at the airport were so friendly and helpful, I was beginning to wonder if I was on the right flight. Boarding was fast and leg room was better than expected. We were seated in row 15, and as we all know row 14 (the emergency exit row) has even better leg room, but since we were on a budget, row 15 was our allotted seat. As the aeroplane began to taxi down to a take off position, our hostess asked if we would like to move forward, as there was no one in row 14... well, eh yes please... The in flight service was second to none and the landing at Dublin was so smooth... I applaud Iberia for their service, friendliness and comfort on the Madrid to Dublin flight.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Left BOS late in spite of boarding on time and weather being perfect. No explanation for the delay but it appeared to be a problem with the flight manifest. In flight service was spotty as they kept wanting to take away my glass of wine and/or water instead of refilling it. Food was about average. Naturally arrived late in MAD (6:45am) and was rebooked for a later flight. How much later? About 15 hours later. Went to Lounge to discuss options and was refused service there. Went to customer service desk and waited some 20 minutes. When they asked me why I didn't go to the Business Lounge to get rebooked I replied that I did!!! All in all they got me off on an Air Europa flight and I arrived about 5 hours later than planned. I'm disappointed but it could have been a lot worse.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really disappointed. Awful, and would never recommend this company.
My trip was just awful!
First - They delayed the flight.
After and the second - they lost my baggage.
Third (!) - I don’t know how bad they treat the suite - cases, but after they brought my suite - case to me, I saw that all the things inside of my laggige were broken.

Thank You, Iberia, never again.