“Awful, Awful, Awful”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I recently flew from Rio to Madrid, check-in went smoothly, gate staff were efficient. That's when it went downhill. Stepped onto the aircraft and the staff were busy chatting to themselves, ignoring passengers. People were on the wrong side of the plane when boarding and had to double back causing chaos. Staff still chatting with themselves.
Worst seats I have ever experienced, have to move and switch butt cheeks so you can feel it again, this meant sleeping was out.
I was sat in a middle row seat and was expecting a flight attendant to come around with water or juice every hour, like most other long-haul airline flights, but nope. I got up and walked to the end of the aircraft (I was seat 23G) where I found the flight attendant watching Top Gun on her tablet. She was very annoyed at the fact I asked for water. Just wanted to throw it at her.
Expect to pay for eye mask and earplugs as well, $7.
On the positive side, food was reasonable and inflight entertainment was vast and varied. Bring your own wired headphones though, provided ones are like two tin cans connected with a piece of string.
I find myself questioning whether I want to stay affiliated with BA now, would hate to find myself code-sharing with Iberia again.

1  Thank Justin W

Reviewed 19 April 2024

Very good company, reol good service and punctual. Unfortunately there is no direct flight from Brussels to Santiago, so there is a stop-over in Madrid. Direct flight would be a lot better, of course, but the transfer in Madrid went without any problems

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 19 April 2024

Crew were friendly and helpful; Business Class seat was comfortable albeit a little dirty and could have been cleaned better. IFE was good with a great choice of films, music and entertainment. Food and beverage were reasonable, not top of the class, however, adequate.

Overall. a comfortable flight with amiable crew that departed late but arrived ahead of time.

Iberia baggage people were no help assisting me with my delayed bags, they kept kicking it back to BA. They were useless!

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 19 April 2024

Worst flight of my life. Poorly executed check-in, uncomfortable seats, rude flight attendance, seats that recline way too far putting lady in front of me in my lap, not enough food or beverage for 14 hour flight, filthy bathroom from the time we first boarded plane, very slow getting people on and off plane. I wouldn’t fly them again even if ticket was free

1  Thank carrie p
Reviewed 18 April 2024

My original flight was from Bologna to Jerez, with a stopover in Madrid. But the first flight got cancelled, meaning I had lost my second flight. At first, the italian Iberia operator I was connected with said he couldn't do anything, so I should've talked with the operators in the airport of Bologna.
But guess what? Contacting the spanish Iberia operator I found out there was something it could be done. Nonetheless, instead of helping me, the operator tried to force me into a 3 flights - 2 stopovers, the second of which should've been an entire night without a hotel at Madrid ariport. They didn't even try to ask if I was ok with that, they tried to trick me into believe that "I agreed with the changes". This is unacceptable. This is not an honest company. I understand that there were other people in my same situation, still,this is not excusable. And eventually, I changed my departing airport to Milano Malpensa because there weren't other flights from Bologna, but Iberia didn't even agreed on paying for my hotel, which I found on my own in any case, so congrats to me for carrying out their fricking job. Ah, yes, they searched for and paid for the hotel of the people who were on the same flight and had had the fortune to found other flights from Bologna the next day.

1  Thank Flyer24051116819
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.