“Very Disappointed!”
Review of Interjet

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We got at 1:30am. Was at George Bush International Airport before 3am. Waited 3 hours. No one from Interjet showed up at the ticket counter. A nice man that worked at the airport came and told us that he thought our flight was cancelled. The displayed board showing Arrivals etc. kept showing the flight was on time. Tried calling Interjet at the airport. That was a waste of time. We turned around and drove home. Of course, we got caught in Houston early morning traffic. No one ever contacted us about the cancellation I never did receive a call, email or text from Interjet. I was furious that we wasted all that time. I had to get home and spend more wasted time getting our reservation changed and contacting the hotel. I went to Interjet office In Huatulco, Mexico several days later. The young lady in the office said someone called me about them cancelling the flight. Again, I didn't receive any notifications what so ever from Interjet. No one from Interjet ever reached out to us, I emailed a representative with Interjet. Of course, I never did hear from him. I have flown Interjet before and was happy with them. On our return flight, I enjoyed flying Interjet. Just still so upset that no one has called, email or text me about the cancellation. Interjet does have some good points. Flights crew is very friendly. Very clean.. Good leg room..

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,663)

Reviewed 12 December 2017

2 days before we left for our trip, I received a phone call stating my return flight from Puerto Escondido had been cancelled. As Interjet does not fly out of Puerto everyday, I was offered a flight two days earlier or one day later; they would not book us on either of the other two airlines flying out of Puerto that day. They would not reimburse us for the canceled flight; only put us on another of their flights. As we had separate flights on another airline the following day in Houston, we were forced to purchase two additional tickets on Viva Aerobus (or else cut our vacation two days short or change our other, longer flights from Houston). I appreciate the extra leg room and staff friendliness I've experienced with Interjet before, but after this will most likely not book them again unless I have a LOT of time-multiple days- to play with when returning home. This experience was stressful and disappointing.

2  Thank TenaciousLD
Reviewed 12 December 2017

The flight from Monterrey to Cancun has always been on Interjet, I have had to fly once in a while with their competition and have regreted the decision. I have in about 7 or 8 years had only one flight delayed due to bad weather in Monterrey. The service and attention is always first class and have never had a piece of luggage lost or delayed. What more can you ask for. Besides they are very price competitive. I am willing to pay for the service they give me.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE. We purchased two tickets to Mexico city 4 months ahead of time. Two weeks before our flight was scheduled, we get an email saying that the route had been canceled. We were not informed of this until right before our flight, although the agent said the route was cancelled just after we purchased our tickets. The only solution they offered was paying for a bus ticket to take us to the next nearest airport (3.5hrs away, on what is the most dangerous highway in all of the country of Mexico). After hours talking to the most incompetent and apathetic customer service agent I've ever experienced, we ended up just getting a refund and having to re-book the trip. Due to how last minute this new booking was, we ended up paying triple what the original trip would have cost with any other airline.

Just dont do it.

2  Thank Regina P
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Reading prior reviews I was a bit skeptical and didn’t expect much. Besides of extra charge for the luggage (expected), nothing to complain. Just be aware that your carry-on will be weighted and should not exceed 10 KG. Mine was 12 and I had to shuffle some clothes from one carry-on to another.
No food, just chips and all kind of drinks.
Bring your own entertainment though.
Most of all, extra room between rows!