“amazing”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We flew from DUB to Tokyo via Helsinki and on the way back flew from Osaka (Itami) to Dublin via HND. I thought that the transfers would be complicated in Helsinki and Tokyo but they were seamless. The worst was Heathrow, so poor in regards to the service and their standards. I cannot fault Japan Airlines, they made our honeymoon special and made us feel like family. They know how to be a full service airline and they are proud of their job. Fantastic all around and I can verify that they are one of the best in the world. Thank you JAL

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,960)

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Just experienced JAL after a lapse of many years. Had to go to Osaka to via Haneda,
The transit experiences were efficient but lacked the expectations; transit information (English) was incorrect; suspect the Company never reviewed the English version.
I thought the planes (4) were old . The entertainment panel and the programmes were
behind the the newer competitors - fundamentally old.
Another old positive is the Japanese service which was good. But the linguistic skill of the announcers were similarly like before. English pronunciation remains old Japanese standard. (But this is throughout Japan - standard of spoken English remains archaic)
One great positive was the breakfast 2 hours before landing at Changi. It was superb.
The plane landed at 6.25am; 10 minutes behind the schedule - the pilot apologised.
What great courtesy ... that's Japanese. These make me going back there. Imagine when the Japan Tourist Board wakes up!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I fly JAL, every 3 months. They are my first choice. Wish they did Hnl to Bkk.. Highly recommended! They go out of there way,with classic Japanese style.Great service,and amazing food,drinks! Very comfortable!

2  Thank steve s
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I flew with a of 31 people to Japan and without a doubt the flight to Tokyo, and the return flight, was one of the best air travel experiences of our lives. For me personally I can confidently state that this was THE best flying experience (in coach class) I have ever had, and I have flown a lot - including many international trips. The seats are 18.5" (compared to 18" for domestic flights) wide and have an extra 4" of legroom (due to increase pitch and a slimmer seat design). One of the things which stands out is that when we were about to land in Tokyo, the Flight Attendants took the time to walk through the entire aircraft, look each and every passenger in the eye and personally thank us individually for flying with them.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Excellent food, comfy seats, free wine, excellent inflight entertainment with lots of choices of new movies, easy checkin and efficient and friendly flight staff.

1  Thank fernwoodtk