“Comfortable Flight, Good Service but still room to improve.”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first time that I have flown with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, during this trip I had two flights the first from London Heathrow to Amsterdam then a connecting flight to Osaka Kansai Airport. The first leg was a short flight, just over an hour so not much to review.

The waiting time between connections was five hours, which meant I had plenty of time in the new KLM Lounge and explore every corner. The Lounge is very nice you can tell its modern and recently refurbish. The food was okay during my time I sampled Breakfast and Lunch, both were pretty simple but very tasty. Great selection of all types of drinks I had a Latte and a Champange, impressed with the quality of both. The staff were very friendly and welcoming throughout the lounge, KLM have really good customer service to congrats to their Customer Services Team. The only downside as the volume of people I arrived in the Lounge at 0800 and every single seat was filled, as its a shared lounge. There were people sitting on the steps leading up the Sky Bar, who I felt sorry for especially as Business Class customers. I managed to find a Sofa Chair after 10-15 minutes and stayed their for the duration of my stop over, which must mean they are comfy. The lounge remained very busy until I left at 13:00, I would say that it was still 80% capacity.

Now onto the flight I was very impressed with the speed of boarding and the welcome from the KLM on flight team. They were very friendly and within 2-3 minutes of sitting down came around with a welcome drink, I must say before I carry on my first Business Class experience was a return to Bali with Qatar (the highest possible standard). I chose the Champagne as the welcome drink which was nice a bit dry for me, the host only came around once so I had to ask for a second glass before take off. The food was very nice quality food, nice taste and moreish there is a choice of mains which I liked all of them but chose the Duck. Desert was warm chocolate mouse that a restaurant would be proud to serve. After eating I managed to get 3-4 hours sleep, always tricky for me as I have big shoulders. It took me a while to get comfortable and when fully stretched out I fill the whole space and have to bend my legs to fit in. I believe that the seats at a 45 degree angle actually means you loose space, reverting back to Qatar where I had endless space. The blanket was nice a soft kept me warm through the flight, nice touch with the slippers and the amenities kit. The idea of an eye mask and lip balm is the greatest invention for flights, thinking about the toilets they were okay body mist and moisturisers good standard - toilets clean good mark there.

Inflight entertainment was pretty good lots of Japanese films, flying to Japan but I had 8 movies on my favourites and managed to watch 3 of them so I would have to make it quite high.

Overall I was very pleased with the Customer Service, would recommend KLM Business Class to anyone travelling throughout the world, fly with KLM first then try Qatar they really do set a different standard of business class.

Flight home with Air France on Saturday 19th January... more to follow.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (23,473)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rude and arrogant staff the Dutch way arrival in Athens was met with baggage still in Amsterdam totally classless used them often this was the last straw

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank jimmy s
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Manager at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We are sorry that you thought our staff was not helpful. Sadly sometimes baggage is delayed, We also do not want this to happen. We hope that you have gotten your baggage back by now.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Flight to Amsterdam from Birmingham was excellent. Transfer at Amsterdam airport for Prague flight was made far more complicated than it needed to be. We asked 2 separate KLM staff members where the gate for the Prague flight was. The board was showing 2 gate numbers. Turns out we were at the wrong one and missed the flight because we had to run back to the central part of the airport, up a level, then back to the same ****ing gate we were already next to. The only difference was we had to pass through passport control. Which we didn't have to do on the rearranged connection or on the return connecting flight.
Staff on the planes were friendly and helpful. Staff at the airport were rude and uninterested.
I've no appetite to fly with KLM again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was flying with two kids on New Year's eve from Amsterdam to Atlanta. KLM crew made us feel very welcome on board. On-board entertainment had enough kid's movies to keep my toddler occupied, though he wishes there were more of the Flying Blue kids cartoons on there. He watched those over and over again! My daughter had enough Harry Potter movies to get her through the 9 hour flight.

I had requested kids meals for both the kids, and when they came out, one of my kids was fast asleep. The crew happily brought him some food when he was awake a few hours later, and that really helped out. In general all crew members on this flight had a very positive attitude and genuinely wanted to assist. Left a great impression in my mind about KLM.

Oh, also the kid's meals were far more appetizing than the main meal would have been to them (there was a hamburger and fries, along with cookies). If you are travelling with kids, I highly recommend requesting a special meal.

So, great crew, flight left on time, arrived a few minutes early, luggage arrived on time. What more can I say? Great overall experience!

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank 763ta
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

KLM has been the best airline that I have flown with to date. They made my long flights from Canada to Africa and back, comfortable and as enjoyable as possible. The food was very good for airline meals, the flight attendants were all friendly and most importantly the plane itself was very comfortable. The plane I was on flying home from my stopover in Amsterdam was actually very high tech as well. They had some features on that plane that I have never seen before, such as windows where you could adjust the level of tint with a dial instead of having a shutter. I was quite blown away. They were very accommodating and happy to give me whatever I needed to make my flight a pleasant experience every time. I have no complaints about flying with KLM.