“I don’t know why they not on the top list”
Review of Korean Air

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Flying with this company is simply the best
Service food rooms for the lags it’s a very long flight so they look after every one on the flight

Running on time useing the latest airplane
In one word
SIMPLY THE BEST

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (3,475)

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Korean Air offer a world-class service considerably cheaper than many other airlines. Online booking is straightforward, although our flight times were changed slightly a couple of times between booking and departure, for the better, I should add. In flight, staff were very helpful, keen to help with the baby, and the food was excellent. A design flaw in the front row TV screens meant that the bassinet had to be dismantled every time my wife needed to get up from her seat, but I think this was only an issue on either the Boeing or the Airbus, can't remember which sorry. What made the flight really special was the free 5* stopover in Incheon at the airline's expense, including restaurant vouchers for dinner and breakfast in the hotel before being bussed back to the airport for our connecting flight. Arriving in London refreshed, after a full night's sleep in a real bed, is not something that I've ever experienced on any airline in any class, and unbelievable when travelling with a 12-month old baby.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I was on a flight from New York JFK to Seoul Incheon on a business class. Following is my observation that I can no longer recommend business travelers in Korean Air. I was on A380 aircarft;
1. There is no in flight wi-fi service. During some 14 hour flight, I was totally blacked out with my office and outside world.
2. Before the take off, it is common that the passenger are offered drinks but Korean Air do not offer alcoholic beverage service. KAL only offers water or juice.
3. Now the world famous bi-bim-bob service in the flight is a joke to me. There are very little vegetable/beef topping and are not balanced that after mixing the topping with rice, I ended up eating mostly white rice bi bim bop. The same bi-bim-bop that I can eat in Seoul for a mere $5 is much better quality with a lot more kimchi and other side dishes.
4. The wine glass during the meal time is notoriously tiny. It is only half the size of other US carriers. Even then, the crew members seldom come to refill the wine glass.
5. KAL crew members must be trained to perform quick services so that they tend to take the not finished dishes away not even asking.
6. Korean Air business class meal serving is the only business class meal service done in a push cart service.
7. The toilet supplies are very scarce. I saw 3 tiny shaving creme, 1 very tiny Crest mouth wash and two rolls of about ¼ left toilet papers.
8. Many of the crew members are not fluent in English speaking.
9. In flight entertainment programs are poor. To begin with the Korean movie selection, there were only 4. I will have them all watched counting the return flight to US.

Korean Air in my thought clearly leaving behind the competitive trans pacific international travel. My observations are from the past 5 year flight experiences on JFK-ICN round trips.

2  Thank D K
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The flight over pacific was as awesome it can be... more dense clouds. All possible comfort was provided by the airlines. Seoul to SFO was over 10 hours... the seats were pretty comfortable. Seems best connectivity from Asia to US if not opting for middle eastern airlines or direct ones from India.
the good things - 1) the service was quick once boarded 2) The food was fresh,they had good option of Vegetarian meal 3) friendly crew 4) comfortable seats 5) Incheon airport has loads of facilities like shower , sleep area, entertainment for transit passengers. 6) good Hollywood movies selection
Some improvements they need to do - 1) did not serve beverage nicely 2) Music data base was not great 3) no Bollywood movies!

1  Thank LuvSharma
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I recently had the pleasure of flying with Korean Air from NY to Hong Kong via Incheon. This is my second time flying with them, fortunately both occasions flying in the first class cabin. The overall experience was very good. Service was attentive but not obtrusive and the food and wine / champagne selections were good. My only negative about the experience was on the ground where the lounges were to my mind inadequate for the class of service flown.
Value for money was incredible - I would certainly fly them again and look forward to doing so.