“My new favorite airline”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We were impressed with the efficiency and friendliness of the crew and the general comfort level of the plane on the way to Venice, but Lufthansa went above and beyond on our return flight. Because the first leg was delayed, it was almost certain that we would miss our connecting flight from Munich back to the U.S. But Lufthansa personnel met us outside the plane, whisked us across the airport in a private van to passport control, then drove us to the terminal and escorted us to the gate. It was concierge-level service for two economy passengers, and they've earned our business for a long time to come.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (25,056)

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We were coming back to the USA at the end of a round the world trip during which we flew in the best of the first class cabins in the world including Cathay Pacific First, Singapore Suites, Etihad Apartment and Luftansa First. When you consider the quality of the being the combination of the physical product (seat comfort, lie flat capability, bed comfort, entertainment, cabin configuration, et al) and the soft product (flight attendant attitude and professionalism, food offering and taste, et al), we would put Luftansa at the head of the pack followed closely by Cathay Pacific. We would not have guessed this before the trip, but based on our personal experience, it's how it turned out.

Our son had previously flown Luftansa First and really liked it. So we were anxious to give it a try. IT IS GREAT!!! The seat is roomy and comfortable and easily converts to a lie flat. The entertainment system is the most user friendly of the cabins we flew and your assigned space is easily converted from open to private with little effort. But the clincher for us was the flight attendant covering our part of the cabin. She was as good if not better than any on our trip.

We flew the entire trip on points only paying for taxes and fees. We traveled with the intent of making the flights as enjoyable as the destinations. The premium cabins on any of these airlines make this happen, but Luftansa deserves a pat on the back for being the best of the best on our trip.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We usually fly on Lufthansa because the connecting flights are convenient for transfers
but this flight was extraordinary. We were flying in a group of 5 including my 2 year old grandson. The staff were very nice and the food was very good. They even had their bathrooms on a lower level. There were 6 bathrooms in a little alcove. There was never a line up. They constantly checked on every in our section and brought drinks and snacks regularly. They also had anything you may want in a little kitchenette.
I can not comment enough on our nice the personnel on this flight were. I felt that they really love their jobs and it showed!!!
Hope everyone could have such an agreeable flight when travelling

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank jodycec
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I've had a number of trips with Lufthansa recently and I was really looking forward to sampling the 747-8 on the overnight between FRA and PEK. I had a seat in the upper deck in what looked like a booked out cabin. We stuck to 35000 virtually the whole trip so there was a bit more movement at that level. But despite most reviews of the upper deck moaning about additional noise, I didn't perceive any difference.

However the VV Config is just a bit too tight if your travelling alone. Just a wee bit too much proximity to someone you've only just met. The guy sitting next to me on the way out was fine art from a hacking cough that even with the Bose set on was loud and clear, but on the way back from Hong Kong (by now aboard an A380) the guy lying next to me had what can only be described as a challenging case of flatulence. It was like clockwork - every 20/30 minutes this guy would fart real nasty ones. I had my Bose headphones on so I can only hazard a guess at the full brass section sounds I would have heard. I asked the purser to move me but it wasn't possible given the full cabin so she instead sprayed my area with an air freshener. Not to much benefit it has to be said. The business class config really doesn't work and despite it being a 12 hour overnight flight I didn't sleep a wink.

Other things about the BC product were really average. The lie flat bed is too narrow to get comfortable and the food service wasn't great. The map function aboard didn't work also - a one off perhaps. The amenity kit on the way out was basic with cheap inserts and really is a poor comparison to emirates for example. On the plus side the cabin crew were great - fantastic ambassadors for LH and I'm only sorry to say that the non human elements of the product really let them down.

Overall very disappointing and for my regular journeys to the far east I'll stick to finnair (best price/value metric) and emirates (best product). Sorry LH, I so wanted to be satisfied by your business class product but the closeness of the proximity to my fellow man will mean that I won't be joining you again.

1  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Good service, cabin very good with wifi to keep our child entertained as the in flight entertainment was only ok. Cabin crew not the most attentive.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)