“Super Accommodating!”
Review of Maya Island Air

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We weren't sure who or what time to book our puddle jumper from Belize City to San Pedro and ended up going with the Maya Island Air Bargain Hopper flight an *hour* after our flight from Houston, TX was set to arrive. The airline recommends that you book your flight 3 hours after your international flight to allow for delayed flights and customs: of course, we read this after booking our flight. When we landed in Belize City, our flight was on time but so were about 3 other flights that landed at the same time. The line for customs was extremely long and as we stood in the line, my stress levels started going up as the time until our puddle jumper flight loomed closer.

When we finally got through customs, our flight was set to leave 5 minutes later. We rushed through the airport to the Maya Island Air counter and were immediately met with the calmest, most accommodating staff. They said that there would be no issue getting us on our plane and that they would put us on the plane that was about to leave. They checked all of our information and then sent us to the back to board. When we got to the back, we waiting maybe 5 minutes and were then put on the next plane to San Pedro.

As great as the airline is, the adrenaline rush of trying to get through customs isn't worth it! Don't book your plane any earlier than an hour after landing internationally. I can't say how wonderful the staff was to work with and how much they saved an otherwise stressful day! Thanks Maya Island Air!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our return flight to Belize City was moved up at our request due to worsening weather in Placencia. From a 2:30 flight to 12:30. It was not a problem for them. Changing schedules was fairly easy, a few phone calls, a few paper shuffles at the terminal and it was done. However, the staff seemed put off or too busy to really take an interest. Baggage guys were busy on their hand held devices (phones). I am not too surprised as these shuttles move a lot of people in a short time and there is always some behind you in line. I Don,t think that they are hurting for business but they dont have to act like it.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Thought I would give an update on my situation. After 40 days, I have received my refund. 40 days of being told over email that my refund has been processed and then being told so and so isn't in the office to process my refund. It wasn't until I posted a review on their facebook page about this that I got the attention needed. Which was met with, oh we had no idea this was happening. Funny thing is the last email I got said that the person in charge of refunds would process it when they were back and I wouldn't receive the refund until the 22nd of June. Then I posted on the facebook page and all of a sudden it was magically processed without this key individual. The fact that I had to take time out of each day to get a status update should speak volumes of their professionalism. In the beginning I tried to be nice and understanding and they took advantage of that, I'm guessing they were hoping I would forget and they could just keep giving me more and more excuses. I'm sure when there are no issues, everything is fine, but I really hope nobody else has to go through this ordeal.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank Kyle S
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I had a flight coming back to Belize on the 21st of April that I had to wait over 4 hours past when I was supposed to take off. When my group got to the airport for our return flight at 11:30am we were informed that our flight had a delay, we understood and when we inquired on the status, they then said it had been canceled and another flight was coming at 1:00. When that time came around they then informed us that the company had made a mistake and other excuses were given to us on why we were stuck at the airport and that a flight would be there shortly. Finally at 4:45pm we boarded and were on our way. If we had known all of this we would have gotten a different flight so we didn't have to adjust our schedules for transportation and which resulted in people being late for work. We didn't have that option to make adjustments.

Since then I have been constantly emailing them to get my refund that started on May 4th. On May 8th I was informed that I would be getting a refund that could take 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks later I am told it will be processed on that Friday June 1st. Nothing happened, I contacted them again to see the status and was told it could take 1-3 weeks. When I asked what had been going on for the last month I was told that my request has been sent to the proper person, but they are out of the office until next Friday. This is ridiculous, the customer service is nonexistent. I'm pretty sure I am not going to get my refund. Don't use Maya Air!

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We took the Maya Airline flight to San Pedro & back to Belize City for our vacation. The planes were very clean & roomy and it was a very smooth flight both ways. The baggage handlers at the San Pedro airport were great! Very friendly & helpful with our bags. One of them even helped us with contacting our resort to find out the status of our shuttle. Since we didn’t have many days for our vacation, we opted to spend a little more to fly so we could get to the island faster. Their fares were lower then Tropic Air so with that & the great customer service, it was definitely a great choice & we will do it again!