“Free WiFi”
Review of Norwegian

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We travelled with Norwegian for the first time this month. The flight out was absolutely fine. The return flight had a slight, unavoidable delay which was not a problem. The problem that we did have was that there was no food on board!!! There were 6 of us, all wanting to order lunch (we flew just before midday) and there was NOTHING left other than crisps and biscuits or a feta salad! This meant that my children had to wait for 4 hours before they could have something proper to eat. Such a shame as we were really happy with everything else.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,419)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would like to write this review in two parts: one about the ordeal with our cancellation, and one about the flight itself.

The flight cancellation: Our flight was supposed to be at 11PM and get us to London by 11AM, but because there was a massive thunderstorm in NYC and the aircraft was struck by lightning, the flight was canceled. Of course, none of this was Norwegian's fault as you can't really predict what sort of disaster nature will cause, but I was a little disappointed in how late they announced the cancellation. If by midnight or 1AM the aircraft is still badly damaged, they should have canceled the flight then. Instead, they waited until almost 3AM to let all passengers know that they need to come back tomorrow and the flight is officially canceled.

I was also a little disappointed in Norwegian's inability to help the passengers find a hotel in the area, although I do understand that with that many passengers, it's difficult in all the chaos to find everyone a room at such short notice, in the middle of the night.
We ended up shelling a lot of money finding accommodations on our own at a hotel that was pretty far from the airport. We have filed a claim as Norwegian promises to pay back any expenses, but we haven't heard back about that yet.

Another thing that was disappointing was that they told us our rescheduled flight would be at 3pm the following day, but when we woke up we had an update saying that flight was actually rescheduled to 7pm. This caused us to lose one and a half days of activities in London, in addition to pre-booked tours and one night at our pre-paid hotel.

The actual flight: This was a dreamliner, which we always enjoy. This flight was comfortable, with convenient screens in front of each seat that allowed you to order food, drinks, blankets, etc. Since we got the cheapest economy option, we didn't get meals with the flight. However, we were able to swipe a credit card right there and get food and snacks delivered to our seats.
The attendants were friendly, the bathrooms clean, and the seats were spacious enough. We also happened to get a row where no one sat in the third seat next to us, so my husband and I were able to take turns stretching out and sleeping. Overall, the flight experience was lovely, and at the price we paid for a transatlantic trip, you can't beat the value!

I would highly recommend Norwegian (especially the Dreamliner flights) for anyone looking to go from the NYC to the UK on a budget.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got this as part of a package tour to Ireland. This is a budget airline with all that entails (or doesn't!). Just look at the lengthy reviews(rants?) here. If you don't mind the inconvenience and complete lack of creature comforts, then you're good to go here. Really. This might even be the future of travel.

Otherwise, save yourself some pain and book with a major carrier and get the best seat you can afford without crashing your travel budget. We will. The carrier is clearly not for people like us.

A 6 hour flight and they don't give you water unless you buy it! Wow! I remember a few years ago being admonished by a flight attendant on how important it is to drink
water during a long flight. How times have changed! So, bring water with you or plan to buy onboard.
Same goes for food, although our tour arranged for meals for our group, and it was just fine.
A particularly painful thing for me was that the seats barely recline, so you're sitting fairly straight up for 6 hours. My bad back didn't like that, but I planned ahead with pain meds and a neck pillow. An additional lumbar pillow and seat cushion would also have helped me, so maybe others would also appreciate the suggestion.

I'd never flown with Norwegian, and won't again, but if you're young and healthy and on a limited budget (and traveling light---very light) I don't see you having a problem.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the best economy flights. I have been on ,nice new plane had nice take of and landing with more than usual leg room.
Will definitely use again.

2  Thank William W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight departed on time outward flight not given much information but return with a female pilot who gave some good details of route and eta to destination .

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)