“great airline but baggage fees ridiculous”
Review of Norwegian

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

i love everything about this airline except the surprise of having to check my carry on and pay $200 at the counter. I get that they want you to plan ahead and pay online but really? $200. I would have checked 4 bags for that if I knew.
otherwise, I loved the online order system and how efficient it was not to have a cart in aisle to try and maneuver around. next time I think I will upgrade to premium for such a long flight.

1  Thank Mere1743
Write a ReviewReviews (18,297)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Use Norwegian a lot and for the 1st time decided to pay for priority boarding . This was a total waste of time as boarding was a shambles ! . Total waste of money ! Despite the service you get with this airline this experience has soured my opinion . EasyJet do the priority boarding so much better.

1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This flight was very attractive because it was affordable. However, they did not allow me to check in on line and check in at the airport was confusing. Nonetheless, all went smoothly with baggage checked and flight boarding. The most pleasant surprise was the ventilation on the plane. It was different from anything I have ever experienced. In spite of this being a crowded and (very) long haul flight - I arrived in Los Angeles refreshed and happy. The quality of the air was exceptional. If the London airport connection was more convenient, it would certainly be five stars.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First experience with Norwegian. Premium economy here is like business class in others. Just a couple of $100 more than Norwegian's Economy fares. Great value as seats are large, wide, recline, and have adjustable head and footrests. You are provided a light comforter but no pillow for the flight. I found seat headrest comfortable enough as the side wings adjust.

Large overhead storage bins but be aware that seats in middle rows 2E, 2D, 2C have no overhead bins (just underneath forward seats). Two forward bathrooms are for Premium class. Bathrooms were kept relatively clean during both flights.

Premium class guests are called to board before Economy. Getting to the plane on tarmac is difficult because transfer bus is used and the crowd gets pushy at this stage of embarkation (the same for disembarkation). Be prepared to walk and stay a lot before getting to the aircraft. On the return flight from Rome to LAX; we had to actually climb a steep, portable staircase to enter the aircraft. Just like the bygone era! Not sure how they got mobility challenged guests aboard.

Aircraft was 787 Dreamliner which is very up-to-date and comfortable. Really enjoyed ability to order cocktails, drinks and snacks using seat monitor. My orders were delivered to my seat within minutes. Large assortment of TV shows, movies, games, and other infotainment. Meals were acceptable and 3 choices offered for dinner entrees. Alcoholic drinks are included in fare price.

Crew are international, diverse, hard-working, and friendly. Flight from LAX to FCO left a bit late but the captain made up time while enroute to Rome getting us there before schedule.

Checked luggage arrived along with Economy class cargo so no extra benefit in this respect for Premier Class.

In summary, Norwegian is good choice for 11+ hour international flights especially if you can afford their Premium Economy which makes the long flight a lot more palatable. I would recommend and use it again.

2  Thank louisa756
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Flight was delayed 2 hours with late notification. Plane was clean. Overhead bins roomy. Crew friendly. Flight was a direct flight which was nice. Price was reasonable. Hot meal was good although they ran out of chicken, so we were stuck with veal - fortunately we like veal - felt bad for everyone behind me. Snack was poor - a roll with 2 tiny pieces of cheese. No Bloody Mary mix, no cranberry juice. I would fly again with Norwegian for the convenience of direct flights and price. However, bring your own food.