“Cheators”
Review of Oman Air

Reviewed 29 September 2019

I was on a transit at Muscat airport. I was coming from Paris going to Hyderabad. I reached Muscat at 6 am my flight from Muscat to Hyd was at 9:55 am. I was sitting in a lounge. I reached to the gate 1 min late to the boarding since the noticed board did not display boarding and directly displayed last call. They said my baggage has being off loaded and need to take the next flight. All the staff was still there flight was still there but they did not help me at all I requested them a lot. But they make me buy a new ticket to Hyd. This the customer service u expect from Oman Air they could have allowed me but they just want money. Never ever travel with Oman air.

Reviewed 29 September 2019

Sept 2019- Just wanted to warn customers that the booking facility on Omanair.com has started charging an extra OMR6.000 for travel insurance. I got caught out when I used it to book tickets for Bangkok. On the penultimate page before entering your payment details, there are 'Special offers' including travel insurance, reserved seats and access to the business class lounge, etc. Intentionally or otherwise, you CANNOT cancel the insurance cover. So when I made my online payment, my bank alerted me that I had been charged an extra OMR6.000 by an insurance broker in Dubai, NextCareHealth.com. To cancel, you have to e-mail this company within 48h otherwise they will assume that you've accepted their Ts&Cs. This is a very underhand and deceptive ploy that one usually expects from low cost airlines like Ryanair etc. Maybe they've employed ex-Ryanair marketing staff, who knows! I rang the Dubai insurance broker to complain and the lady said that they had received a lot of calls from disgruntled Oman Air customers because of this "technical glitch". A cynic would suggest that for every one annoyed customer there are probably 99 gullible customers who have no idea that they've been conned. You've been warned.

1  Thank P5747UQrichardl
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Great flight to Jakarta from Muscat. It is a relatively long flight, about 7hrs plus The flight started on time. The cabin crew was superb. The food was Ok, as was the in-flight entertainment service. The legroom was not very good, but this is common for many Oman Air flights...The baggage arrived promptly on the belt in Jakarta, no issues at all.

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank flybr
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Nice short flight to Maldives from Muscat. The flight started on time. The plane made a one-hr stop in Colombo. Most of the passengers (many Russian tourists) disembarked in Colombo, and then the plane continued to Male, with only a few passengers. The food was Ok, as was the in-flight entertainment service. The legroom was not very good, but this is normal for many Oman Air flights...

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank flybr
Reviewed 29 September 2019

It seems that as yet another cost saving measure Oman Air has instructed its pilots to switch off the passenger AC (at least in the cattle class section) until the aircraft pushes back. This means a 30 min sit on the tarmac often in +40c...not nice. Oman air talks of legendary service. the only thing legendary about this is the number of people complaining and wafting themselves with a magazine to try and cool down. A cost cutting measure that will surely back fire and only drive more passengers onto truly full service airlines. Avoid this airline if traveling economy.

3  Thank PakMark
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.