“Worst flight ever”
Review of Oman Air

Reviewed 29 September 2019 via mobile

I’ve travelled with many airlines and the flight from Zanzibar to Muscat was okay, unfortunately the food was awful.
We then changed at Muscat to Heathrow for a night flight. We had seats in front of the bulk head which also meant we were next to the toilets. For some reason the Indian men on board seemed to have very small bladders and their use of the facilities was disgusting. To the extent that the staff had to shut down one of the toilets due to the condition it was left in.
I’m not blaming the staff but honestly a mop and bucket would have been useful!!
I did mention to one of the staff on leaving that they should possibly think about having single sex toilets so that at least the women wouldn’t need wellies to go in!!

1  Thank Jane B

Reviewed 29 September 2019

Oman Air Business Class seats and food were great but I could not get one wink of sleep because of the cabin' crews' noisy chatter. There were only 4 passengers in Business Class and I guess they had nothing to do. They were chatting and laughing right throughout the almost 5 hour journey. My seat was right in front near the galley - big mistake. I should have changed seats as soon as I boarded. Well, I know for future trips, I will try not to sit next to the galley.

The premium Lounge at the Muscat airport is excellent. I've been to many an airport lounge and so far nothing beats this one. They have rooms to rest, shower facilities, delicious choice of food and great serving staff.

The welcome reception staff could be more customer oriented. No smile - it seemed a hassle for them to serve us especially the male reception staff. The female staff were a bit better. They seemed overwhelmed and tired.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
4  Thank Leona A
Reviewed 29 September 2019

I was on a transit at Muscat airport. I was coming from Paris going to Hyderabad. I reached Muscat at 6 am my flight from Muscat to Hyd was at 9:55 am. I was sitting in a lounge. I reached to the gate 1 min late to the boarding since the noticed board did not display boarding and directly displayed last call. They said my baggage has being off loaded and need to take the next flight. All the staff was still there flight was still there but they did not help me at all I requested them a lot. But they make me buy a new ticket to Hyd. This the customer service u expect from Oman Air they could have allowed me but they just want money. Never ever travel with Oman air.

Reviewed 29 September 2019

Sept 2019- Just wanted to warn customers that the booking facility on Omanair.com has started charging an extra OMR6.000 for travel insurance. I got caught out when I used it to book tickets for Bangkok. On the penultimate page before entering your payment details, there are 'Special offers' including travel insurance, reserved seats and access to the business class lounge, etc. Intentionally or otherwise, you CANNOT cancel the insurance cover. So when I made my online payment, my bank alerted me that I had been charged an extra OMR6.000 by an insurance broker in Dubai, NextCareHealth.com. To cancel, you have to e-mail this company within 48h otherwise they will assume that you've accepted their Ts&Cs. This is a very underhand and deceptive ploy that one usually expects from low cost airlines like Ryanair etc. Maybe they've employed ex-Ryanair marketing staff, who knows! I rang the Dubai insurance broker to complain and the lady said that they had received a lot of calls from disgruntled Oman Air customers because of this "technical glitch". A cynic would suggest that for every one annoyed customer there are probably 99 gullible customers who have no idea that they've been conned. You've been warned.

1  Thank P5747UQrichardl
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Great flight to Jakarta from Muscat. It is a relatively long flight, about 7hrs plus The flight started on time. The cabin crew was superb. The food was Ok, as was the in-flight entertainment service. The legroom was not very good, but this is common for many Oman Air flights...The baggage arrived promptly on the belt in Jakarta, no issues at all.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank flybr
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.