“Comforts of Home”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I love flying with Qantas... always gracious staff, no nickel and dimeing for snacks etc. They have excellent entertainment options, loads of food available. I love the snack area at the back of the planes!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (13,869)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Updated kiosk for self-registration failed to work on 5 occasions. As usual, money-saving technology was frustrating and the whole process was overseen by one single attendant. Qantas may be saving themselves a pile of money but the frustration of the users was evident.
Because I wished to fly direct to LA from Brisbane, and not go via Sydney or New Zealand the cost of the flight almost doubled. Have to wonder how that works, fly less miles for more money !!!!
The actual flight was fine .. long and tedious, but that's what you get when you live in Australia !!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I had to travel for business, Brisbane to Perth, Perth to Brisbane. This is a review to say I was very happy with the flight and service. That is, since all was paid for by my company. If I was to have to pay full price myself then I would not have been satisfied. Mainly due to the expense and customer service. I really think Qantas could improve on the hostesses they employ. I find, particularly on Qantas, that the hostesses are much older and not as friendly, also lacking some customer service skills. I must admit, it is very nice to be served by young and attractive hostesses who provide exceptional service on other cheaper airlines. If this was the case on Qantas, then it would make for a far better flying experience overall. Just my opinion.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

On the back end of a 10 week trip to Europe, after flying Finnair (very good), we had a stop over in Singapore before heading home on the overnight - 7 hours - with Qantas.
An A380 with a full complement in business class. We should have eaten up big in the excellent lounge at Singapore, because the food offered on this flight was not of business class standard. A sweet corn/basil soup minus the advertised croutons and a dixy cup of "gourmet" strawberry ice cream !!!!!!!! Champagne was the only saving grace.
We were told it was a choice for breakfast between a small bacon and egg bun, or muesli in a small bowl, and a cup of tea.
Yes it sounds pedantic, and yes the flight was safe and on time and had the usual business class bits and bobs..... but a major discriminator for me in choosing airlines is the food. It was no where near worth the money, I'll fly premium economy next time.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We flew with Qantas domestic from Melbourne to Sydney then International from Sydney to Dallas USA, return trip was from New York to Melbourne via Los Angeles. We found the service to be excellent. The inflight entertainment was more than adequate and the meals and snacks were pretty good. Obviously not as much legroom but that is pretty much any plane when seated in economy. Would fly with Qantas any time.