“Excellent airline”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This is the best-valued Business class product in the market -- I recommend you only fly the 787, 350 or 380 -- Please don't book any other type of aircraft outside the mentioned you will be very disappointed.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank McMuffin810
Write a ReviewReviews (18,381)

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Sensational service, comfort and individual attention from beginning to end.
I do realize that different people have different requirements as to service. but my only complaint was that at times, their employees seemed almost obsequious

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I've travelled business class & to be honest, the middle eastern carriers are very much the same. However, I recently flew economy on a few routes with Qatar airways & they do seem to offer a little extra compared to their rivals. There feels like there is more leg room in economy & definitely wider seats -- meaning you aren't squashed against the person beside you.
There is a nice range of inflight entertainment and on most you get a useful flight pack with eyes mask, lip balm, flight socks & toothbrush & toothpaste. There is Lots of food offered on the flights & the staff are super pleasant & will bring you extra drinks whenever you need one.
Where the onboard service is excellent, the ground experience with Qatar can be a different one.
There are Very helpful Qatar airways staff once you reach the check in desks, but the set up is appalling in Bangkok airport. There are 2 queues; one for web check in bag drops & the other for check in. The queues are equally as long & the bag drop is not simply that. The staff insist on checking all your documents & reprinting your boarding cards & attaching the baggage tags. There has to be a more efficient way of doing this. One flight was delayed recently, leaving us only 45 minutes in the connecting airport. We had to queue for 45 minutes in the checkin queue to speak to staff who were very helpful and convinced us we would have enough time to connect. In these instances, Qatar should send customer service staff along the queues to advise passengers. This would definitely stop people getting annoyed as they become hot & more tired in the long queues.
Also, I find Qatar airways very slow at unloading their aircraft. I recently have flown with them into 3 different cities, landing into Bangkok, Doha & Dublin. Each time, the plane is on the tarmac for 20-30 minutes before anyone is allowed off. Perhaps advising passengers to stay isn't their seats & allow the tv screens to continue would annoy the passengers less. Either that or find a quicker way to get all your passengers off. This alone was enough for me to use a different carrier in the Middle East for my latest journey.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 18 November 2017

It was the longest flight ever for me and my parents travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Houston with a transit over at Doha in June. With an almost full flight from Doha to Houston which was super long haul, it wasnt a pleasant experience to go into unkempt toilets. Most of us would be more than grateful if the cabin crews took the initiative to 'tidy' up a bit even though it may not be their priority job scope. Besides, it was also disappointing when the food choices were so limited that there was no options especially when your seats are designated towards the end of the food distribution rows. I have heard great things about Qatar Airways, but my first time flying was not as great as i would have hope for.

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 18 November 2017

After my university finance department booked my flight, and an admin mistake ended up with me not getting the email from Qatar Airways that the flight time had changed from 20.30 to 15.00, I arrived at the airport for 18.30 thinking all was well to be told that my flight had been changed to 15.00 months ago and I should have been notified. This was a fault of my university for not entering my email address to the booking, and not forwarding me the email after the finance admin staff would have received it. However, a bad situation was quickly rescued by the Heathrow Qatar Airways staff, who talked through my options and when I informed them that I had a connecting flight in Johannesburg, they swiftly arranged to transfer me to a South African Airways flight at no extra charge. They also booked us a taxi which arrived almost immediately to take us to the new correct terminal, and were very polite and professional about the whole mess-up. Thank you to the Qatar Airways staff who were on the desk in the evening on 17/11 and helped save my journey!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)