“Good flight”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was my first time flying with Qatar Airways and I found it pretty good. Legroom was good, not really crampy unlike other airlines when your flying on economy class. The plane was well lit, service was good as well as the food. My only constructive feedback though was the terminal staff in Qatar Airport were a bit disorganised as they were not able to control the flow of passengers bound to Skopje especially during boarding time.

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (21,657)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great customer service. I don’t remember ever experiencing bad service from this airline, great food too, value for money. My preferred airline :-)

Date of travel: May 2018
34  Thank PillarZee
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I (2 adults + 2 children) recently took a trip to South East Asia via Qatar Airaways for Christmas and New Year and we had a great time hoping around except for the Qatar Airways flight we took.

Just a little background... we had originally booked our tickets in May 2018 for Dec 2018 approx. 9 months prior to our travels and at the time of booking, I had requested 4 seats together throughout our travels with Qatar airways. When we actually arrived for our flights, all 4 of us including children were completely separated from each other. This is not an hour long flight... It's a 13hr flight to Doha for connection + 6hrs to our final destination. We were not informed when the seat assignments were changed, we were not informed when we checked in (early) and when we arrived at the gate, there's no one to help and we were told to make the changes on the plane.

My wife and I have a passion for travel and have flown through Emirates, Turkish, United, American and we were excited to try out Qatar airways because of all the awards it has received but our experience was quite the opposite. I would note that I am usually very patient and I deal with a lot of companies and everyone makes mistake and I hold my judgement until I experience who the company or an individual deal with the challenges. Qatar airways customer service is anything but great. Here's my take away:

- Their customer service doesn't have a clue about how to handle situation and their first response is to say NO. Their hopes are that you will accept the situation and move on.

- Their customer service provided me an excuse for the seat changes which sounded so incredibly ridiculous. I reached out to them via twitter during our flight to see if they can rectify this situation and this is the response I got "We reserve the right to assign or reassign seats at any time even after boarding of the aircraft for operational, safety or security reasons. We wish you a pleasant flight ahead."

What reasons would they have to split a family that has paid approx. $7,000 in flights, booked way in advance and requested seats together. I am so baffled.

- When we reached Doha, we were told NO to seat adjustments because the flight is booked. I was being blamed all along and there wasn't a hint to admit a mistake and fix the situation let alone compensate for the troubles.

- When I was standing in line to help find an agent in Doha, I learned that there were other flights where families were separated with young children and I sat there listening to the agent trying to convince all of us that as along as we are seated within reasonable distance, it's OK. Our destination are all the same.

I am sorry Qatar... you failed a customer. I fly business when I am flying alone and the treatment is different and I noticed that if you're flying economy, you treat people different. You're forgetting that we still paid quite a bit of money and going forward, I will do my best to avoid Qatar and let my friends / family members know to do the same.

You guys need to do a lot of work with your customer service, your systems and I believe even training.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank Kash456
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great legroom. Great IFE. Good food. Lovely wines. Crew amazing as well.
Couldn't ask for more.
Already looking forward to next time.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Even though we were flying at a cheap price, this was a great experience.
Nice with legroom, nice staff, lots of good entertainment and good food.
Will no doubt choose this airline for future travel where it is natural.

Date of travel: December 2018