“World Class Service in the Air - Catastrophic blunders on the ground.”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 24 December 2019 via mobile

When flying Qatar you need to bear in mind that as wonderful and professional the cabin service will be - just as bad the service on the ground will be especially when boarding.
When the plane is on a remote stand they pile all economy passengers into busses while business passaengers have to wait for a plusher bus....quite frankly as a premium passenger I want to board asap or at least at my convenience - on this occassion I could not enjoy a hot meal in the lounge as my flight was showing 'boarding' and ended up waiting an hour at the gate without even available seating.

2  Thank Ergiro S

Reviewed 24 December 2019

The departure from Johannesburg was delayed almost 3 hours due to the late arrival of the incoming flight and a baggage issue. Once we had left Johannesburg the pilot informed us that without enough fuel to make the time up enroute we were unfortunately going to miss some connections in Doha.

Despite having over 8 hours to formulate a plan for our arrival at Doha, when we did arrive it resembled a scene from a "carry on" movie. We were given conflicting directions/instructions, dispatched to various transfer desks and eventually taken to an airport hotel for the long wait for the next flight to Manchester.

The hotel was great but the food/drink allowance totally inadequate with the unexpected layover ending up costing me $70, for a drink, sandwich and a phone call home.

Having flown with Qatar several times before I was extremely disappointed with their lack of organisation and their handling of the whole situation which ultimately they created.

Extremely poor effort for a so called top airline.

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 24 December 2019

Boarding this flight, I set my expectation high, because Qatar was awarded the best airline in the world by Skytrax 2019. It was such a disappointment! It was a plane with no window shutter (I guess it's a dreamliner), which indicates that it wasn't an old plane. However, my screen and its control device malfunction. In my 1st leg flight, the screen wasn't touch sensitive. In my 2nd leg flight, the smaller control device (like android screen) kept jumping from one page to another without being touched. First leg of the flight was bumpy all the way for 8 hours straight, but the cabin crew allowed people to lie down on the entire row (three-seats) even when the seatbelt sign was on. Oh, I should also mention that the cabin crew were not friendly. They rarely smile. I don't understand how could they win the Skytrax award in the first place?

2  Thank Eliana_Maria
Reviewed 24 December 2019

My first flight experience on Qatar Airways was truly amazing with excellent service even in economy class. Flying from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) to Doha (Qatar) gave me that experience especially on the A350. Great food, great in-flight entertainment choices and amazing cabin crew!

Date of travel: November 2019
1  Thank shookry
Reviewed 24 December 2019

When you receive outstanding service, you never forget it. The staff on this flight were exceptional in their customer care and did everything to make out flight memorable. Special thanks to Nemreen, Agata, Lilian, Jesti and Marhaini. I hope I can see any of you on a future glight. Thanks you all!

3  Thank AshinBP
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.